account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

New Update today 15/Nov

Adept
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

New Update today 15/Nov

Hi

Just looked at My phone and says new software update available 14.6.A.1.216    143 MB 

Any ideas what it is

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: New Update today 15/Nov

As long as there's no official change log on Sony's Blog, you'll not find more information here.

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/category/software-upgrades-2/

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adept
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Thanks

Installed it cant see any difference 

But Sonys site just says General Improvements   ??

Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

@briant566

Then it's a bug fixing update, improving performance and resolving minor issues. You may or may not notice any visual differences.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Hi, I have a question. I decided to update my phone this week, because of that messagge about a new software version. The thing is that my xperia has rebooted 3 times, the last 3 days, and I'm worrying about that. Can you tell how can I bring my phone back to the previous version, or tell me if your having the same problems as me? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Hi

No problems to date but only been  6 hrs so time will tell !

As for return are far as I am aware you cant but my advice would be to reinstall from the Sony  web site via PC repair tool  that will give a clean install

Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

@dvmenacho

Take @briant566's advice and perform a software repair using PC Companion using PC Companion. Click on the link for a detailed guide.

Regular
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

I got my German Z1 Compact updated OTA to 14.6.A.1.216 on Wednesday last week and it is really annoying:

- to unlock screen it takes me sometimes more than five (5!) attempts

- it is hardly possible to swipe the status bar down; it only works by chance

- with Xperia keyboard in most cases it is impossible to type the most right characters (e.g."&", ">", "9", "\") but their left neighbour is printed; with one hand keyboard it is working, though

- cellular reception is much worse than before the update (1-2 bars less)

- camera sometimes hangs and can only get back to operation by locking and unlocking screen which may takes several attemps (see point 1 above)

Several reboots and even a factory reset have not solved the problem!

Hope there will be an update solving those awful trouble very soon!

Regular
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Forgot to mention: GPS seems not to work, either!

Angry Face

Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

@Z1-Tux

Same advice goes to you: perform a software repair using PC Companion using PC Companion.