account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

New Update 7th Dec

Adept
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

New Update 7th Dec

Hi Phone has just updated  today in UK Now shows    5.1.1          14.6.A.1.236  

But on checking Sony website the latest on is 216

On screen it said UI enhancement and Amazon shopping App   ??

Anybody else updated

12 REPLIES 12
Learner
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: New Update 7th Dec

mines just done an update as well to 14.6.A.1.236 this morning. im hoping it fixes my battery drain issues, otherwise im not gonna be happy.

Adept
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Did you see what the updates were  ?  One said a amazon shopping app but cant see one

Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@briant566@Clk3319

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/12/04/minor-update-14-6-a-1-236-now-rolling-to-xperia-z1-z-ultra-and-...

See the above. Amazon app might be from what's new and not from the update.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

@alexdon wrote:

@briant566@Clk3319

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/12/04/minor-update-14-6-a-1-236-now-rolling-to-xperia-z1-z-ultra-and-...

See the above. Amazon app might be from what's new and not from the update.

Thanks Alex on the ball as usual

Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Haha, nice one. You are welcome.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Well theres a surprise. Phone get to 67% battery and still shuts down saying battery is dead. Come on Sony sort it out.
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

14.6.A.1.236 just wrote loads and tried copying to clipboard before sending in case I lost my text and clicked paste instead! Rah!!

Is this update any good? What does it fix? Battery life? Over heating? I hate my z1 compact! It's a £380 mega mistake!
Adept
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Yeah, just got this too. Be interested to see what it brings - the battery drain issue must be a priority, surely?

Learner
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hi Freinds, I am unable to update 14.6.A.1.236. Everytime it downloads and then says "Unable to verify". Please suggest