account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New M4 keeps restarting

UvB
Rookie
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: New M4 keeps restarting

Through the Bridge (similar to PCC), I tried all three softwares called Xperia M4 Aqual Dual (why is it in the list 3 times?), but none worked.

I called Sonymobile and they (still) thought it was a software problem. I've sent the phone back to the shop (Pixmania) and they will replace it. So hopefully the next one will be OK.... At least the M4 looked and felt good, so I hope the next one will be fine.

UvB
Rookie
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

It probably was a hardware problem.

I contacted the reseller (Pixmania) and they replaced the M4 in a few days. The new phone works properly. Very happy with what it does. Not much less than my previous iPhone at a much better price and water resistant (tested while windsurfing) and dual SIM!

@Uliwooly , thanks for the support!

Emperor
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

@UvB

Great to hear that. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

M4 Aqua Keeps restarting

Hi all,

Sooooo, I purchased a brand new M4 Aqua 8g a month ago. 
After an hour or so i noticed the screen lighting up by itself and the Xperia logo, purple background etc....coming up, only thing is that i donn't have to enter my sim card pin when the screen comes back on.
Had a look at the diagnostic app thingy pre-installed and noticed 56 system incidents occured within an hour of starting it, remember it's brand new. 
At that time no apps installed on it, no contacts, pics etc, pretty much a virgin.

Tried to repair with PCC, reset, safe mode, updates etc, nothing worked.
Contact Sony Support Fr -----> send it to us
--->Got phone back 7 days later, nothing wrong with phone
----> Buy a new nano from provider, just in case the sim is faulty
-----> Same thing is happening, so definitely something wrong with phone
---->Not impressed

What to do now, since Sony reckons there's nothing wrong?

Inb4, I've tried everything from this forum and other ones to find out what's going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from Sony....
Thanks

Highlighted
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Re: M4 Aqua Keeps restarting

Its due to either software or hardware problem , even i was facing same issues with Sony M4 Aqua Dual E2363 (Indian Model) and tried replacing SIM , SD card but nothing worked. How can sony blame on Sim & SD card and its Sony responsibility to do a proper testing before releasing phones to market. Can you imagine how much frustrating for a user who paid 24K for phone and it keeps on restarting or shuts down abruptly. Finally i sold this phone on Reglobe and bought Moto g 3rd gen phone and using same SIM (with micro sim adapter) & SD card without any problems. Shame on Sony for cheating customers.