account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Firmware: 29.1.A.0.101

Highlighted
Genius
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

New Firmware: 29.1.A.0.101

Today my C5 got the new software update and for the first time arrived via OTA rather than via PCC.

Nothing really changed and the device works correctly and without any hiccups. What is different is a nice addition, it finally include a special section in the About device area: Android security patch level.

This is really good and a nice touch from Sony, means that now probably all the Xperia Serie will get regular software updates, at least the very important Security Patches released by Google every time a new security threat get discovered and obviously fixed by the Big G.

Thank you Sony, this is really appreciated by your fellow customers.

Kudos!

Grinning Face

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
3 REPLIES 3
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Firmware: 29.1.A.0.101

One incident worth to comment, the device became unresponsive. Not even pressing the power button to reboot worked. Just plain back screen, no notification. Dead.

Luckily the old Xperia trick to reboot the phone using the not always documented button near the Sim card slot worked and now I am online again.

Let's see if it will happen again.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Genius
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Ok so that was an isolated incident, device works good.

Wizardry is the key!
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I got, nothing changed. I though will be fixed some bugs which are in this models, but still nothing. Waiting for Marshmallow Slightly smiling Face