account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

New Facebook+Messagenger update and battery drain

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

New Facebook+Messagenger update and battery drain

Hi, i have realised something today. I have been using the last facbook app and it eventually forced me to install facbook messenger. I installed it yesterday night and this morning i experienced an extremely unusual battery drain! The phone has been on the battery since this morning only for 1h45min and i have lost 14% of the battery. It was not more than 4% for a regular Sunday morning, it is even extreme for a working day morning that i use the mobile internet for 1 hour (screen is always on) + bad cell coverage and listening music all the way to work, i usually drain max 6% of thebattery. After uninstalling the facebook and messenger app then re-installing the facebook app again, the battery drain became normal.  Alright, I would like to share my experience and the  Sony staff should definitely investigate this issue, since the Facebook is committed to move all the messaging stuff to the messenger app.

Regards
Oz

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: New Facebook+Messagenger update and battery drain

Sorry to hear that, but that's a facebook issue, contact them, facebook developers, regarding this issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)