account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

NO Notification Sounds and Earphones Cover doesn't close well!

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

NO Notification Sounds and Earphones Cover doesn't close well!

Hey guys,

Bought my mobile a week ago, got it now, and after 2 days using, noticed some issues.

At first, the notification sound that, after some hours just disappear! Yeah, i turn on the phone, and it works, for 2-3hours, then, if i get a new text message it wont make any sound!

Second issue i noticed when i got the phone on hands, the cover, that protects the earphone plug, doesnt close pretty well, it does lock, i hear a click, but it looks a little open! I dont have my camera right now, but i will post a pipcture as soon as possible.

Third, what about the battery? Shouldn't it last for days?

Fourth, the, fast picture, from the lock screen isnt that fast.

My phone is a White Xperia Go IMEI: 352892051149668. With the 4.0.4 Android.

9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: NO Notification Sounds and Earphones Cover doesn't close well!

When you don't hear any notification from the phone, unlock the screen and press vol+ on the side. Is the alert volume normal or has the phone been set to silent/vibrate?

Regarding the plug for the earphones i would recommend that you contact your dealer or a local service location to have that checked.

How long the battery lasts is hard to say as it depends on alot of factors like usage, settings, network, installed apps and so on. Under "normal" usage you will probably have to charge the battery every day or two.

Even from the lock screen, starting the camera takes a few moments.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Ok, I understand that the plug is a hardware part and, jusr a local service would help.

But, about the notifications, its set to make sounds, to notify, and its not on silent mode. I did what anyone would say me too, update the phone, or restore, i did an update on the PC Companion, and it got back to work! BUT for only one day, after that, not even restarting the phone makes it work.

I guess thats not an specific event, I have seen this issue wth others on forum, i guess, it a glitch on the Android 4.0.4 for the Xperia Phones.

Any ideia how to, say that to the responsable person? I mean, the one who could fix it for everybody?

Thanks.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

It's not a problem i've heard about and i've never encountered this problem on my phones so i doubt this is a bug in Android 4.0.4.

Could it perhaps be an installed app or similar causing a problem? After you made the software repair in PC Companion, did you try the phone before installing any apps?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Honestly talking, i doubt that it's a similar, or any app that has been causing this issue, because, i dont install many of them, and, the notifications works sometimes, sometimes not, mostly, when it stops, i restart the phone and it gets back for 2 hours or 3. Its crazy isnt it? Well, I hope you could help me, by listing the apps that may cause trouble...

One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

By the way, dont tell me that this problem is not happening with more people, just type "Notification Sound" on the search, and see what happens.

Please, i need a solution. Thanks.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Check the permissions of your installed apps and see if any has permission to modify system settings and if so, try to remove those apps.
If that doesn't solve the problem i think you should contact a service location to have this phone checked.

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Well, I honestly dont think that theres an unique issue, have you checked the forum? It also happens a lot with Xperia P, Ray, and S.

The Sony Assistence service, takes, 30days, for a software update, the one that i already did. I had some Sony Ericsson phones, and, seriously, they really take 30days for a update.

Please, lets try to go deeper on this issue, and, contact the developers?

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

many issue many users the frimwear is buggy got it !!!

its a bug the notification sound come and gose why u not understanding this

and wifi in .10 frimwear very buggy doesn't works on many devices networks

and i hade once the not be able to turn off wifi but after restart never hade it again

i suggest doing survey about the issues in frimwear and relese a beta one and getfeed back from users and dont keep saying there is no broblep and reseting device and crap like this

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi YoSr and EduardoFernando,

I think this is an isolated case. Saying that the firmware is buggy is true

because most, if not all, firmware are buggy. I haven't seen any complex

firmware anywhere that haven't experienced bug(s).

I haven't experienced issues that are posted in this thread. So it is safe

to say that it might not have been .10 firmware that is causing all this problem.

I do hope this gets resolved in time but for now, we will have to wait

for Sony support to answer and resolve this issue.

HTH