account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

NO MORE UPDATES FOR XPERIA P

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

NO MORE UPDATES FOR XPERIA P

So it happened.
Sony announced the end of the update for xperia p
I am frustrated with this.
There's no firmware for this phone which would be devoid of problems.
Last ICS has problems with the camera, and more.
Last JB has problems with lag, lag call, and others.
Should not we expect even one good firmware?
I've had enough of this company and the way they treat their products and customers.
This is my 2nd phone that is not 100% efficient because of poor support for products.
And its 2nd sony device.
How it is there is no problems like that with for example samsung devices?
I THINK THAT WAS MY LAST PRODUCT FROM THIS COMPANY! RLY!
5 REPLIES 5
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: NO MORE UPDATES FOR XPERIA P

Yess !! that bad!! at least is medium-low device....

then hopefully do something to unlock the Bootloader without send the device (having that option....). 

to continue to enjoy even if they are not official updates! 

next device drops supports?? Xperia Z ?? omg (700$ by 18 month of support **bleep**!!)!!  

i have the both devices.... Please support unlocking the bootloader (easy way for all ) for not support phones

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

That does it. I really dont care if they give us a newer Android version, I just want an at least relative bug-free smartphone that gets back the battery usage it had at release (with a few adjustments). What makes them think I would buy another Sony or even a bigger one next time if buggy crap like this is kept the way it is?

Even with their financial problems, they dont seem to want to keep customers. Their loss, I dont care anymore. Back to my Sony boycott.

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I completely agree with a Sony phone-boycott !

They can send me a lot of messages about new products that they want me to buy - but find a real solution for the problems with existing devices seems to be too difficult ....

Why not upgrade the software with a newer, better android-version ???? Somebody heard some reason or explanation from Sony ???

Do they really want us to buy a new phone every year ?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Ok, then Xperia P is going to be my first and very last  Sony smartphone ever.

I was excited by its beautiful design and good hardware performances, but now I see that it's just a make-up that hides poor and ignorant software support, with the level that we get only from the cheapest Chinese manufacturers.

I'm pretty sure that no one of my relatives and friends will ever buy Sony crap phones. If you are reasonable enough, don't buy it as well. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Yah! I do agree with your comment.....even for just a small ang simple hardware like a replacement battery for lt22i, you cannot find it here in our city. To date, only a small fraction of our population here are interested on buying this phone brand. Not because of its quality but of its poor customer service and availability of component parts. I am 100% sure that this sony brand of phone will be the next to follow the motorola brand phones to withraw their market here. They cannot overtake our local brand phones like cherry mobiles, cloud phones, myphones, etc. Aside for the affordability and advance features of these local phones, you can always find accessories and replacements parts in any gadget stores. After sony, the next will be nokia. For now, I would say, Goodbye Sony!!!!Crying Face