account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My xperia getting fast battery draining and hot and gps difficult to detect

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

My xperia getting fast battery draining and hot and gps difficult to detect

My xperia z getting too fast draining battery issue and hot after i updated android lolipop. I think when i used android kitkat the battery so far so good but now so very bad, my gps also problem difficult to detect even when im on motorcycle, this problem please fix this bugs. Sorry my English grammar n word not good...i really hope that sony fix this problems. 

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: My xperia getting fast battery draining and hot and gps difficult to detect

Hi syaiz88,

Please refrain from posting in multiple threads with the same content.

In this situation, it sounds although this could be a bad software install, I suggest trying a backup and then attempting a software repair.

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from PC Companion
and install it on your PC.
2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
4. Phone Software Update.
5. Start.
6. Repair Phone
7. Continue
8. Accept data removal
9. Next
10. Wait for prepare
11. Select Phone
12. Follow the connection steps

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Huh, when android kitkat not all above were required but still good enough update. If all above to do i doesn't have time. If i must do all above better i use iphone. Im hardcore fans xperia...please fix bugs on Android lolipop 5.1 or 5.2 or 5.3 or 5.4 or 5.5
Rookie
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

After translate from spanish,

I did all this in the repair but still have the same problem and in addition to one-time use my device is turned off
Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Master
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

If the above mentioned tips doesn't work, you should contact your local Xperia Support to send in the phone to a service center. 
Local support.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.