account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

My xperia L keeps on restarting

Visitor
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: My xperia L keeps on restarting

Its keeps on restarting automically...

Visitor
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

how to replace?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

Please reset to factory setting erase everything  means all data , definately all ur problem will be solved, i sure because, i faced the same and resolved it.

One time poster
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

I faced exactly the same problem and have resolved it by doing this:

1. First root your phone, it's really easy with this app: http://www.mgyun.com/vroot  It's in Chinese though, ask some Chinese friend for help if necessary.
  2. Install Nova laucher to replace the default homescreen,  remove the xperia home screen using the same app in step 1.
  3. Settings -> Security -> Lockscreen -> None, then install a lockscreen app to replace the system lockscreen, I use Start.
  4. Turn off apps auto-updating in google play store settings.

In summary, Sony's software **bleep** very hard, my next phone will definitely not be from Sony.

It takes them two weeks to check my phone when I asked them for support, and it turned out they didn't do anything at all except reinstalling the firmware.

Sony, you should really catch up if you still want to stay in the market.

One time poster
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

On Buiild 13.3.a.0.26

Keeps rebooting - drops to Xeperia screen and then enter swipe (rather than a power on reset - which I would also have to  enter sim passowrd)

Resetting to factory defaults  seems to cure it  for 2-3 weeks (which would suggest this isn't the phone hardware) then its back to its tricks,

I'm getting a bit fed up of having to do a reload evey month.  Any Ideas how to get an error log of whats causing the reset?

I doubt a replacement phone will be a resolve

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

Having the same problem... all seems started while using chrome. If u check google play and filte the comment for the last update and Xperia L..you will see all 1 start comment saying that the phone crash and or reboot while using chrome....and since then the phone stability is corrupted and the phone reboot even after normal usage... **bleep**

Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

Hey guys I had the same problem, the phone would restart on itself again and again like 4 times in an hour or so.

It happened with build 15.3.A.0.26.

But now after upgrading it to latest 15.3.A.1.14 it is not happening.

I figured it out that

"Stamina mode" & "Low battery mode" as well as Google chrome were the culprits for restarting problem.

While I was in 15.3.A.0.26 build What I did was:

Uninstalled Google chrome.

Stopped using "Stamina mode" & "Low battery mode"

Kept the phone on SAFE MODE for few days.

Keeping on SAFE MADE made my phone stable(No 3rd party app was running) then after few weeks the latest 15.3.A.1.14 build came and it is not restarting now.  Slightly smiling Face

Although the proximity sesor bug still persists. Thinking Face

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

Lucky you. my phone is doing the same frequently rebboting with the  15.3.A.1.14 and even in safe mode. regardless the stamina mode on-off. 

dont know what to do really.