account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My phone shows me "error - update failed"

Forum Legend
Message 81 of 88
Message 81 of 88

Re: Can i update my z2 android version when my device is rooted?

Hello

Rooting won't affect the updating process. But sometime the OTA update process fails on its own ( if the memory is low, battery is low , etc etc)

But there are chances that the updating process might result in loss of root access ( only if the update's size if big enough, and it has all the "system" files in it.)

I'd suggest you update it through PC Companion because then you will have to download just once and you can install / reinstall any number of times without having to download something again.

Message 82 of 88
Message 82 of 88

Re: Can i update my z2 android version when my device is rooted?

@Khols You already got your answer where you posted in the first time.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 83 of 88
Message 83 of 88

update failure: can't verify

the latest system update version:23.4.A.1.200
376.4MB
after download,it can't be verify
disappointed!

mobile: sony xperia z2 dual
Sony Xperia Support
Message 84 of 88
Message 84 of 88

Re: update failure: can't verify

Hi yyyx,

Welcome to the community

That is really unfortunate, I am sorry to hear this. However you should be able to perform this update via a PC or Mac computer instead if the OTA update is not working.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 85 of 88
Message 85 of 88

Re: My phone shows me "error - update failed"

Know something this phone is ok but for doing updates its a pain  Why do you need a computer for pc companion and it still don't work with that? I tried just pressing system then refresh and that does nothing so I'm in that 3 shop later.me off again I mean whars the point of them if they won't help ya? I guess it's because they want their wages!

One time poster
Message 86 of 88
Message 86 of 88

Re: My phone shows me "error - update failed" Sony Xperia Z2

Pleas help me my sony xperia Z2 couldn't Verify lollipop........

One time poster
Message 87 of 88
Message 87 of 88

Re: update failure: can't verify

I have a same problem, when i running the software update for my Xperia Z1 without using 

PCC Software. Please help me to solve this problem. This messege is esspecially to Mr.Xperia support. This matter takes my time, my energy and pointed that SONY not care enough about their customers statisfy....

Rookie
Message 88 of 88
Message 88 of 88

Re: My phone shows me "error - update failed"

Hi..I have sony xperia m4.. What about error could not verify the system update