account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My indignation

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

My indignation

THIS POST IS TO SHOW HOW SONY, WHEN IT COMES TO SOFTWARE

I used to have an Xperia Ray. the only time that phone had a stable software is when It runed GB or when it runed custom ROMs. nothing else ever worked smoothly coming from Sony itself. 

Now, i am rocking on Xperia Go... can't afford those high-end ones. i love Sony, the hardware is goood. but the software, I think everyone involved in making them should be fired. how can you explain that Custom builds are always way better than Stock ones?

My Xperia Go runs on JB 4.1.2. freezes all the time, heavy bugs when there is an incomming call. This issue has been reported a thousand times, Yet Sony doesn't seem to acknowledge that there is a serious problem that need to be fixed. You releasing new phones, best of all, GREAT. but old phones are sacrified for the new ones. this is why APPle beats all the others when It comes to Sale though they make crap.

plus Sony should cut the crap of having PC softwares like emma working only when internet is active. 

I bought a Samsung Galaxy pocket Plus for my younger brother and that phone is running stock ICS 4.0.4. it's even way smoother than what i have ever had, and my Xperia Go is way better, Comparing all my phones to that Samsung (HARDWARE-WISE.).

I wonder how long I will still stay on Sony. Seriously Sony.

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: My indignation

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way.

To check if lags and freezes you're experiencing may be caused by installed applications you can try to run it in safe mode.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

You may also want to check out this topic as well.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Does-your-phone-feel-slow-and-laggy/m-p/347824#U347824