account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My experia v is dead

Rookie
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

My experia v is dead

Totally dead. Wont turn on, wont charge. Was taking pics when this happend, screen turned blue and then nothing. Didnt help to remove the battery and/or the sim or the memory card. What to do?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: My experia v is dead

First try to charge the phone for like 3-4 hours and then try to start the phone while the phone is connecting to the charger.

You can also try to do a repair of the phone software via Sony PC Companion:

Click on this link to get Sony PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Start PC companion, start "Support Zone", start "Update phone software" and click on "Repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions.

Rookie
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Henke, but as i said the phone is dead and it wont charge. So even if i try to charge it (and i have, ever since it died) it dosent charge. Also, i did try Pc Companion but as long as the phone is dead the PC Compaion telles me that no phone is conneted...

I have also tried to out in a different battey, fully charged but still the phone wont come to life.

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

My xperia v suddenly died two days ago when i connected it to the charger. Dont turn on, cant charge, what can i do with it? There r so many photos and info in it, who can help?
One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

My Xperia V is on the verge of death, 8 weeks ago it started to reboot, getting very hot while doing so, it will charge, but won't turn on properly, it just keeps rebooting so connecting to my PC is a waste of time as no link can be established. Sony Australia seen not to have teh V listed for repair.. email sent awaiting response...

So far it is an expensive paperweight.

Che
One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I have a similar problem - my beloved experia got hot during charging and died.
Sadly, my local Ukrainian sony retailer refuses to fix it because the model is not yet officially selling here, and I got mine on ebay.
Is there a slight possibility to fix it somewhere?
One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I have the same problem and it is not fun to see that there is no response to this problem here, nor that the problem has been fixed in an update.

Talent
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Sometimes it's a battery problem.

Please try with a new battery.

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

IT WORKED!!