account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

My Xperia Z doesn't receive any update

Apprentice
Message 1 of 26
Message 1 of 26

My Xperia Z doesn't receive any update

Hello everyone I'm from Sri Lanka and I bought my Xperia device a month ago. and I'm still on 4.1.2... my friends who have xperia Z devices received so many updates.. even sony released 4.2 for xperia Z long time ago. but I don't receive anything. PC companion says I'm upto date and so does my phone. I bought this from a local dealer and I'm still with 11 months warranty. please help.
25 REPLIES 25
Emperor
Message 2 of 26
Message 2 of 26

Re: My Xperia Z doesn't receive any update

Either your friends bought their Xperia Zs from a different country/region 

or 

They manually updated their phones 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-z/

Latest available software

You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

Android version: Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 10.3.1.A.2.67

Release started: 2013-09-23

To find your device’s current software version: 
Settings > About phone > Build number / version

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 26
Message 3 of 26

I think this phone is from Indonesia.. Did sony release the update for that country?
Emperor
Message 4 of 26
Message 4 of 26

If neither SUS nor PCC show any available update then it hasn't 

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 5 of 26
Message 5 of 26

If you can not wait 

How to manually update, downgrade, root 2013 Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/124152

Apprentice
Message 6 of 26
Message 6 of 26

PC companion and SUS says I'm upto date.. Slightly frowning Face as far as I know updating it manually voids the warranty.. isn't it? I'm still with 11 months warranty.. is there anything else to update my device without voiding the warranty?. I might be the only xperia z user running 4.1.2. :@
Emperor
Message 7 of 26
Message 7 of 26

It doesn't void your warranty, it COULD void your warranty. 

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 26
Message 8 of 26

I am sorry for the delay; however the process for updating the phones can be quite complicated. If you would like to know more about what is involved with this process so you may have an understanding of the cause for any delay, please check the below link:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2013/07/25/explaining-the-software-upgrade-process-and-its-improveme...

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Message 9 of 26
Message 9 of 26

thats a joke tbh, no way it should take that long. Likely hood is that youre never getting it.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 26
Message 10 of 26

yah I'm beginning to worry because I got no update but xperia lounge app since I bought this. getting tired of this. I know there is no way to take this long for me to get the update. that's what I'm worrying about. is this a normal thing or should I take an action for this soon? thanks for your responses.. help me to solve this. Sam is there anything else you have to say about this?