account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My Xperia S blacked out!

One time poster
Message 41 of 49
Message 41 of 49

Re: My Xperia S blacked out!

i had this same problem today! i was trying to connect it to my pc and it wouldnt dectect my phone so it told me to restart my phone so i switched it off and it wouldnt switch on and i looked on here and did the HOLD POWER/LOCK button and VOLUME UP at the same time but it didnt work Slightly frowning Face so mine is being sent back to sony to see if it can be fixed or if it need replacing

One time poster
Message 42 of 49
Message 42 of 49

had the same problem too. i tried the "power on + volume up key" many times, but it doesn't even have an effect on my phone.

Adept
Message 43 of 49
Message 43 of 49

I got a feeling that ur emmc chip was fried, after your phone blacked out, did the top half of your screen feel warm? If it did, go have a emmc chip replacement :smileygrin:

One time poster
Message 44 of 49
Message 44 of 49

Try charging your mobile with a differnt charger, like a samsung charger

One time poster
Message 45 of 49
Message 45 of 49

Same problem here, my Xperia SL also blacks out 2-3 times a day. Doing a hard reset makes it on again. But now this problem ouccured again and my phone is dead! Hard reset is also not working, kept it for charging for about an hour still no success. Crying Face

Rookie
Message 46 of 49
Message 46 of 49

Well, mine is Xperia S and had the same problem, gave it to the Service Centre(Wed, 24th July) . Two days later (Today) they returned the piece saying that my motherboard has some problem and are asking me to replace it.

They said that they would replace the entire motherboard since they do not have a policy of repairing (something called "swap") and hence a new SI as well as IMEI. Since, the handset is already out of warranty, the replacement would approx. cost INR 10,500 (excluding taxes).

I haven't decided yet since, the same amount would give me a new handset. Hopefully, this would be last Sony smartphone, since, I spent INR 30,000 and 15 months later I need to change the whole motherboard for no fault of mine. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 47 of 49
Message 47 of 49

Oh that's sad! Slightly frowning Face

I also gave my phone to service center(26th July). They said if it's a software related issue I'll get the phone returned same day. But I guess this is hardware issue, so my cell is under repair. Fortunately, I have my phone in warranty. Slightly smiling Face

Let's see what happens. Fingers crossed!! Neutral Face

One time poster
Message 48 of 49
Message 48 of 49

i tried with sus and pcc my phone is not getting switched on

One time poster
Message 49 of 49
Message 49 of 49

Thank you soooooooo veryyy much!!! It worked!! But i have no clue y it suddenly went dead in the first place. Should i take any other precaution that this doesnt happen again?