account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My E4 Dual automatically rebooting at least 3 times a day

hou
Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

My E4 Dual automatically rebooting at least 3 times a day

May I know why?
10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: My E4 Dual automatically rebooting at least 3 times a day

Myriad reasons, it could be a faulty SIM card or an app acting up. 

Let's start with the SIM card, is it a MICRO SIM card or did you trimmed it? how old is it? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

You could boot on safe mode and if your phone doesn't reboot you'll know it's a third-party app

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
hou
Visitor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

My sim card is very new.
hou
Visitor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

How to find out which apps is causing this reboot?
Emperor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

if Safe mode solve the issue then it's an app that you've installed 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

My Xperia E4 does the same thing. After Android start it work for few minutes, and after that it rebooting. And it repeats this. I tried safe mode, change sim, remove sim, charge battery, reset to factory settings. Nothing helps. Also few other users from Poland  reported this issue on Orange gsm provider forum.

Learner
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

is there anyone that stop the phone rebooting ??

Rookie
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Mine rebooting as well too often. Did not find out why, sometimes only gets freezed for a short time, sometimes it reboots without any reason. I have not a lot trust in this phone. Xperia M dual was nice, this one is kind of unfinished. When I have a longer phonecall, the sharp edge hurts on the ear. What a design... A phone that hurts when phoning... Thumb down, Sony.
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

If you have already tried all other suggestions, I'd suggest that you do a PC Companion phone repair, this will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to back up your data before proceeding. 

Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.