account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My Calendar has been wiped! What happened?! And how do I get it back?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

My Calendar has been wiped! What happened?! And how do I get it back?

Within the last couple of weeks I bought myself a Sony Xperia SP, previously I had a Galaxy S2, I thought the move to different Android devices would be easy but it took longer than I had anticipated. 

I managed to transfer everything across successfully in the end, including all of my calendar events, using the PC companion. I have been using the phone perfectly happily for the last couple weeks, but yesterday I accessed my Calendar app to find all of my old event appointments had vanished! 

I had apparently synced my calendar with Facebook, which I had not authorised, so I have since hidden that calendar, but I need my old appointments, I had everything stored on there. If they were stored on the default phone calendar, I can no longer find that setting. 

It means I now have little confidence in my phone calendar so I wonder whether I should use it at all in future...

If someone could help I would really appreciate it. 

I would probably need a step by step guide as to how to fix the problem as I am not very techincally minded. 

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Commissioner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: My Calendar has been wiped! What happened?! And how do I get it back?

Go to settings-apps-all-clear data-force stop and then restart your phone..keep us updated if your problem still exists
Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hmm I'm not sure if I've done it wrong, the default calendar is now back, but the appointments aren't. Although it says it is synced (not sure what to) and visible...  

Rookie
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

It's probably not the best way to do it, but I just used my computer calendar and managed to sync that to my gmail account, so in theory it won't happen again.

Still not pleased that it happened in the first place though.

Thanks for your help.