account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Multiuser support and childlock

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Multiuser support and childlock

Does the tablet support multiple users (used for all family members, with different google acounts)

and is there support for small children, such that they have limited access to apps?

As far as I know it supports none of it out of the box with android 4.x. I have no idea if this is supported with the new android 5.x

If multiuser is not possible at all I would not consider buying a sony tablet.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Multiuser support and childlock

@pospiech

Which tablet do you mean?

Anyways, if the tablet is upgradeable to Lollipop then you can setup multiple users on it. And for app restriction, you can install any app locker from Google Play.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi pospiech,

The Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact comes with Lollipop out of the box. 5.0 to be exact, and it will also receive the Marshmallow update ( region dependant). 

Have you go the User section within Settings?

Menu > Settings > Users

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I do not own this product, I want to know for sure if it has multiuser functionality before I by it.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

The User function is available on the Lollipop platform, and is also available on the Xperia Z3 tablet Compact. However this could be restricted to the country you are in, the only way to find out for sure is to contact Sony Mobile Customer Care within your region.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.