account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Moving Apps from Phone Memory to SD card

Visitor
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

Re: Xperia M2 Dual apps can movable to SD card

Dear Sony,
I'm Sony Experia M2 Dual user, what can I do for move app to SD Card? 8gb internal really not enough for me, it make me afraid to upgrade app and got to frequently uninstall app for release Space. Please do some update about App can store to SD card, then M2 will be more perfectly. Tq
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Re: Moving Apps from Phone Memory to SD card

Without rooting,that is not possible.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

And how do u root??? Is it bad for a phone to root? WOuld be very glad to recieve help in this.

Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Rooting can void warranty.See more here:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/12/link2sd-guide-never-worry-about-internal-memory-limits-again/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

And if it isnt possible like this, will kitkat upgrade help in moving apps to SD cards. And I also read about some apps which can help transfer to SD card like APP MANAGER III. Will any of these help? 

Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

No,apps won't be movable to SD with Kitkat.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

Please ,do you tell me ,Sony xperia m2 dual don't support apps and games to SD card and doesn't move/copy of apps and games to SD card to phone & phone to SD card.that is true??????

Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

No,you can only move media.

Learner
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Its impossible for moving apps to sdcard without root device,the problem is How to Root Xperia M2?
Please tell me if anybody know the way.. I'll appreciating so much.. Slightly smiling Face
Thanks
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

If I root Xperia, then I'll get updates from Sony r not