account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Movies/Video Unlimited issues

Adviser
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Movies/Video Unlimited issues

Hello<br><br>I haven't been able to open Video Unlimited because it says my Movies app is not on the latest version. I haven't been given any new version tho.<br><br>Movies 6.1.A.0.18<br>video Unlimited 11.0.B.0.4<br>Xperia Z2 17.1.A.2.55<br><br>Any fixes avaliable/coming?
10 REPLIES 10
Adviser
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Movies/Video Unlimited issues

Not sure what went wrong with the message

Hello

I haven't been able to open Video Unlimited because it says my Movies app is not on the latest version. I haven't been given any new version tho.

Movies 6.1.A.0.18
Video Unlimited 11.0.B.0.4
Xperia Z2 17.1.A.2.55

Any fixes avaliable/coming?
One time poster
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I have this exact same issue on the Z2 I just bought today.

Whilst this is going on I don't think I can claim my 6 free movies either. Well, I've claimed them, but I can't download them.

One time poster
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Same issue here. I have managed to redeem the movies but can't watch them as the video unlimited app keeps saying it needs updating. There is no update to download.

I did also manage to download one movie but the says unknown format when I try and click on it.

One other point, should I be able to see watch theses films on another Sony device?

I have video unlimited on my bluray but there are no movies showing in the My Media section.

Only had this phone for a couple of days but I'm already wondering if I've made a bad choice...
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

There is a newer Movies update available, but for some reason it hasn't hit our phones. Did we all get it from Three?

Don't worry about the free films. You can still claim them. Just get the Pass app from the Play store and get them from Xperia Lounge.

You can watch them from other Sony devices, if you have one. e.g. I can see them on my PS4.

Obviously, I would like this sorted sooner rather than later, so I can watch them on my phone.

I'm loving my phone otherwise
Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Good news, I found a fix. Uninstalling the latest Video Unlimited update seemed to fix the issue. It's working fine now.
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I have the same problem, and I tried uninstalling the update for Video Unlimited, but didn't get the update for Movie. Instead, I only got the update for Video Unlimited to go back to where I was. 

I had the same issue with Xperia Z1 for Walkman app when it returned to me from warranty repair. Together with Walkman app bug in sound quality, these media apps are not utilizint their great potential for which I bought Z series for!!!

Visitor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I'm having the same issue here!may be a stupid question but how do you uninstall the latest updates?
Adviser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Settings > Apps > downloaded

Find Video Unlimited and then select Uninstall Updates.

Btw, I received an update for Movies three days ago which I think would've fixed the issue.

Check if there's a new version ready for you.

Settings > About phone > Software updates

Hope that helps
Visitor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Tried this but still to no avail Slightly frowning Face anyone any other suggestions?