account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Miracast no longer working

Adviser
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

I have been connecting to a Samsung tv for four months fine. Now it doesn't work and the TV throws a message up saying problem, try later. The phone hangs on trying to connect. The TV shows on the phone, I have not messed any settings. I'm sure this happened after update. My ad blocker app broke after update last month, now this. Any ideas what's happened?
12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Miracast no longer working

@Hwithyll

could you test it in >>> safe mode 

as for the ad blocker, contact the app developer. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Hi Hwithyll,

Have you tested this on another TV to rule out the TV as well, as the Tv's miracast component could also be playing up.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Unfortunately there is nobody I know with another tv capable of miracast.
Adviser
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I will try in safe mode and report back.
Adviser
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I have finally tried in safe mode and the result is the same, black screen for 1 minute or more on tv, phone says trying to connect until tv comes back on with disconnect message
Adviser
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I have been connecting to a Samsung tv for four months fine. Now it doesn't work and the TV throws a message up saying problem, try later. The phone hangs on trying to connect. The TV shows on the phone, I have not messed any settings. I'm sure this happened after update. My ad blocker app broke after update last month, now this. Any ideas what's happened?
Emperor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@Hwithyll

Don't create duplicate posts, thanks

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

@Hwithyll

Perhaps the tv shows are protected 

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

@Hwithyll wrote:

I will try to remember to test this tonight at home.
Otherwise, I do know that chromecasting still works, if that helps.

Update: couldn't connect directly to the TV. The cast screen option would only see the chromecast. The mirror screen to TV would sometimes see the TV, attempts to connect,  then it timeouts after a couple minutes. Which is stranger though, I tried to cast directly to the TV using avia and ds video that I know used to work with the HTC m7, no success on that front either.