account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Microphone doesn't work anymore....

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 21 of 35
Message 21 of 35

Re: mic not wokring

Just to make sure I understand, does this happen only while using headphones?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 22 of 35
Message 22 of 35

No, with headphones and loud speaker is OK.

With normal dial call mic not working.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 23 of 35
Message 23 of 35

@xmracek

Settings > about phone > diagnostic > check the ear speaker 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 24 of 35
Message 24 of 35

Re: Microphone doesn't work anymore....

Had chat with Richard at Sony Support tonight, who suggested that I uninstall one app at a time to resolve my freshly repaired phone, found after three apps that WHO'S CALL, on playstore was at fault and can now make calls without using handsfree, hope this fix isn't temporary!!.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 25 of 35
Message 25 of 35

@Malleto

Whenever you encounter issues like that boot on safe mode, if everything works as it should then its a third party app 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 26 of 35
Message 26 of 35

Phone in reparation, takes forever !

I have already posted a message about my new M4, which has had a problem with the speaker that didn't work. I got a new phone immediately (the other one was just 2 days old). But after a week the second phone didn't function either! This time the microphone stopped working...... So i went back to the shop where I bought it, this time i couldn't get a new one, it had to be repaired.

Ok, no problem I tought, in one week it will be back. Just forget it.

The shop received my phone on the 1st of august and until now, 18 september, i didn't got it back.

On the tracking there is a message since 13 august that there are parts missing. That's almost 7 weeks now since it's gone Slightly frowning Face

2 weeks ago i sent a message to the shop to ask where my phone was, i got an answer back 'There are parts missing'..... I didn't know that. What parts ? Estimated Delivery-time ? Nothing, nothing, nothing. Can I get my money back ? No. Can i buy a bigger model instead of this one ? No. What can I do ? Wait......

That's no customer service. For once a bought a phone that I really like, and I'm on the road for 7 weeks now with a replacement Samsung that works slower than a snail walks. Shame on you, Sony !

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 27 of 35
Message 27 of 35

Re: Phone in reparation, takes forever !

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that.
Unfortunately, we at the support forum unable to assist you in this matter since repairs are handled at a local level. I suggest that you raise this with your Local support to check status and how to proceed with this in the best possible way:

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 28 of 35
Message 28 of 35

Re: Phone in reparation, takes forever !

hi, i too am having problems with the mic on my Xperia m2, this happened on the last but one upgrade, so after reading all the info on this forum i waited for the latest release and then reset the factory defaults prior to the latest up grade, now i have an additional problem, i can`t find the diagnostics menu, it`s not under settings/phone, nor is there a seperate icon/app !! has anyone actually repaired their XM2 via instructions from here or via Sony companion? or are we whistling into the wind with this device?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 29 of 35
Message 29 of 35

Hi All.. Well. I-m From Monterrey Mexico, I got Xperia M5 about 5 days ago and I had also same issue with the very first call. People at the other end cannot hear me..If I record a message using whatsapp, the messages is recorded with no sound. Google talk cannot hear me either. It coccupred the while I had the handsfree conected into the headsets jack. It is very annoying to restart the device to make it work again.

The most of the time it works fine since then, but when that happens, only solution is restart the phone. Does somebody know if there is already a reserach for that to find a definetly solution to this annoying issue? or the solution itself?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 30 of 35
Message 30 of 35

Re: Primary Microphone not working

even i am facing the same issue my primary mic is not working and his issue prevails since last 4 days