account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

MicroSD 32gb Xperia Z Issue / Question

Emperor
Message 81 of 104
Message 81 of 104

Re: XPERIA ZR no longer recognizes micro SD card

It seems that your SD card its damaged and its not going to work, you need to get a new SD card, also you could try to reformat the SD card

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 82 of 104
Message 82 of 104

Thank you for your reply.

As I wrote, I tried reformatting, to no avail.

The card is NOT damaged because it works perfectly in other devices. The ZR obviously thinks it is damaged. 

Unitl I can be certain what causes this error I won't be buying another SD card.  

Anybody else have a clue?

Emperor
Message 83 of 104
Message 83 of 104

Test a different SD card, if the same thing happen then it might be your Xperia 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 84 of 104
Message 84 of 104

Learner
Message 85 of 104
Message 85 of 104

Wow, that's encouraging :smileysmileywink:

Trying a different uSD right now. 

BTW, when I shut off my phone, an SD card icon appears in the top of the screen with a small red cross in it. And there's another SD card icon in the top right (no red cross). Is this normal? Can't find any info on these icons in the ZR manual.

One time poster
Message 86 of 104
Message 86 of 104

Re: MicroSD 32gb Xperia Z Issue / Question

I always buy Sandisk because I believe it will be read byin a lot of apparates. I use SANDISK 32G
Learner
Message 87 of 104
Message 87 of 104

Took the ZR back to the shop. They shipped it for repairs. I'll keep you posted.

One time poster
Message 88 of 104
Message 88 of 104

I have a Xperia Z. I just got a Sandisk Ultra SDHC 32 gB. I used to have a Transcend 32gB one which worked fine on the Z for a month or so and now it's half-fried. I've had it for almost 2 years already though. It works fine on a computer (haven't tried putting files in it but the PC can read it) but not on any of my phones (Samsung Galaxy SIII and Nokia Asha 303). I got all my files from it so I'm not really worried about it, just a shame to have lost it. I'm still trying to reformat it though. Crossing my fingers.. I've tried so many times.. Slightly frowning Face

Visitor
Message 89 of 104
Message 89 of 104

Hi, is there any update about this problem?

I have a 32 g Kingston that worked fine for about 2 months and suddenly I have this SD CARD UNEXPECTEDLY REMOVED message constantly, which drains out the battery in hours. Luckily, the card still works (because I remove it when it first start to happen).

I don't think it's something from Sony. Other phones are having this issue as well. 

Is there a Fix for Android?? It's annoying having only the 8 internal gs!!

One time poster
Message 90 of 104
Message 90 of 104

I've got a Xperia Z with a 32gb Kingston card that has been running fine since i first bought it in March, now after an update over the weekend i can't access any of the files on the microSD card.  I figured it was something simple initially, now i've googled teh prolem and it seems to be epidemic, surely if enough people are suffering the problem Sony have got to do something about it, bug fix.

I kept getting 'Memory card has been removed unexpectedly' which it hadn't, the phone had updated and now it would seem the memory card is toast, thanks Sony.  Get a grip on this, I was very happy with my phone, note; was.

In answer to the posts from staff members, 'trying another card' is the equivalent of 'turning it off and back on again', i'm not a techie and don't claim to be, but the shere volume of people with the exact same problem point towards a problem with the handset.  I appreciate you guys are only trying to dowse the fire, but I wouldn't use a fan to try and blow the fire out.