account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

MicroSD 32gb Xperia Z Issue / Question

One time poster
Message 21 of 104
Message 21 of 104

Re: MicroSD 32gb Xperia Z Issue / Question

You are not alone.. 8gb sandisk C10, 16gb sandisk C10, 32th sandisk C4 .. same problems... so frustrating. Thought I would use my Xperia Z to take pictures.. Everything gone... I even tried to recover data.. unrecognizable ..

Am planning on sending it back for warranty (goes through the shop where bought), but am curious as ro how long it took for you to get it back.

The battery life however is an equally sized issue ... can't even make it through 8 hrs with this thing.

One time poster
Message 22 of 104
Message 22 of 104

I tried to put a piece of tape on it...but it's still unmounting.

And battery is still draining fast.

Dropped 4% in while i was writing this...Frustrating...

Screenshot_2013-06-13-08-28-55.png

Visitor
Message 23 of 104
Message 23 of 104

I'm using a Sandisk Ultra SDHC 32GB Class 10 card and also experiencing this "'memory has been removed unexpectedly" error. The card has been working fine until I upgraded my Xperia Z to 10.1.1.A.1.307. I've tried repairing my phone using PC companion and also formatting the card but the problem persists. I'm now using my old Xperia Go with the same MicroSD card and it works fine so I believe the problem lies with the Xperia Z software and not the Sandisk card. Can Sony please focus more on getting their existing line of Xperia phones to work properly instead of pumping out new models every couple of months! I'm still waiting for you guys to fix PC companion so I can use it with Outlook 2013 64-bit. Crying Face

One time poster
Message 24 of 104
Message 24 of 104

Can you let me know what happened with Sony?  I have now killed 2 Kogan 64GB micro SD cards.

thanks

One time poster
Message 25 of 104
Message 25 of 104

Now my Sandisk 16gb class 6 is corrupted....

My 32gb class 10 Kingston works fine so far...

As for my battery drain,I reinstalled fw...seemes to do the trick....so far...

One time poster
Message 26 of 104
Message 26 of 104

I sent my handset to Sony Repair 3 days ago and I'm still waiting to hear what excuse they come up with....   Since this is the 2nd time it's been back they promised a VIP service so I'm expecting a quick turn around or at least some sort of progress update...

I will keep you all posted...  

However, please note, since you are using 64GB cards Sony will almost certainly tell you that this is not supported as they state in the tech. specs for the xperia Z 'upto 32GB'...   However, a few other people have said they that been using 64GB cards without issue.  I would just be happy if the phone would stop corrupting ANY size ot Class memory card!

One time poster
Message 27 of 104
Message 27 of 104

My 32GB Class 4 Kingston work perfectly for about 2/3 weeks then got corrupted...   Please ensure you backup your data on a daily basis because it may end up like your SanDisk card...

(Sorry just speaking from my own experience)

One time poster
Message 28 of 104
Message 28 of 104

Just out of curiousity:

All those experiencing problems with the external SD card: Do you also experience that the internal storage / SDcard0 cannot be accessed some times? I don't know if there is a relation but I sometimes cannot access the internal memory anymore when I startup the Album app.

Note that I do not have a separate SD card installed on the XZ.

When I then restart the XZ all is fine again and I can view the photos on internal memory again but at some point it is broken again. Looks like a software issue to me (mount point deleted or something like that).

One time poster
Message 29 of 104
Message 29 of 104

I bought a 16gb apacer brand.. So far so good.. Maybe it is just the xperia z doesn't like sandisk haha.. ( have been using apacer for almost 3 weeks just hoping for the best )

One time poster
Message 30 of 104
Message 30 of 104

Well, I thought I was reading this in hope of a solution to the problem. But in two months, no super user has come up to help out. So all I'm doing here is add to the issue.

Obviously it has been noted that the issue is no brand related as I use a Kingston micro SD (32gb) and my Xperia Z has literally decided to spit the card out and not take it back. Have restarted the phone (I know, basic 'user' behaviour - but the phone won't even recognize the card at all. Running build number 10.1.1.A.1.253).

I don't see the point of having the "expandable memory" if you can't even access it. This is because I haven't even started to go on about my Xperia Tablet (it can see the card, but it doesn't allow me to access it at all - material for a whole new forum discussion).

Anybody had any luck? Or anyone had any success after rooting it (not that I would. At least on record, hahah).