account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

MicroSD 32gb Xperia Z Issue / Question

One time poster
Message 101 of 104
Message 101 of 104

Re: MicroSD 32gb Xperia Z Issue / Question

I also had a Kingston 32GB card go non responsive in my Xperia Z, luckily I had done a backup about a week earlier - My reply from Kingston was that there has been problem's with some SD card's, not just their SD card's but other manufacturer's too and it's not just the SONY phone's/Tablet's that are affected, a quick browse round the net and i found load's of other mobile brand's were having the same problem - Samsung being the most talked about (probably as so many people have Galaxy's).  So, the problem is between the SD card and the OS not the phone's/Tablet's themselve's !  Kingston sent me out a new 32GB card very quickly - Thank's :-)  and my Xperia Z was back to normal once my backup was re-installed :-)   Xperia Z & Tablet Z are fantastic pieces of kit.

Message 102 of 104
Message 102 of 104

Not sure if this is the right place, since I have a ZL and a Z2.

The ZL has over the last 6 months (from new, back in Jan) burned up three micro SD cards:

- Lexar 16GB, class 10

-  No Name 2GB, class 6

- Kingston 32GB, Class 10

All have the same issues:

- work fine for a period of time

- no warning, and then get something like:

"SD Card not mounted", "Error Transferring to SD card", "Transfer interupted. Check SD for files"

The card will no longer work.  Tried loading into SD Card carier on my PC - not recognized.  Can't format it, etc.

So far, the ZL (3 months old) is okay.  BUT, I'm backing up the SD card contents every 2 days since I'm pretty sure it's going to get killed as well.

The forumns say it's an issue with Android 4.4.2 writing to the SD card 100's, if not 1000's of times a day.

One time poster
Message 103 of 104
Message 103 of 104

I think the problem relies in the android version. I have the same problem than you, but it all started when I upgraded from android 4.2.2 to 4.4.4. The only software that seems to work fine is the file commander from xperia. My other devices can read and write to the microsd cards.

One time poster
Message 104 of 104
Message 104 of 104

I've been using a 64 GB Samsung micro SDXC on my Xperia Z1 for a while. It used to work fine but today my phone started behaving oddly (it turned off and rebooted all on its own, and it didn't ask for password number afterwards...) and some hours later it started launching a message saying the sd card was removed. This message appears for less than a second and disappears, being replaced instantly by another message saying that an sd card is now conected. This message also disappears really fast, and it goes on and on like this, in a cycle.

I can't access the card through my phone and when I try to format it with my pc it says it's locked (when it certainly wasn't prior to this problem), although I can access its content. I used windows diskpart to clear the readonly problem, but it didn't work, so I think the phone probably damaged the micro SDXC card in an unusual way. I know for a fact that the card fits perfectly, it isn't loose, it isn't dusty or scratched or wer or inserted backwards.... I've tried every obvious solution for the problem and many not-so-ovious too. This wasn't an inexpesive card by my standards and I can't afford to be ruining SDXC cards on a regular basis so a solution for this problem would be greatly appreciated.