account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Micro SD card failure

Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Micro SD card failure

Yesterday i used the sony chat with the problem. They said the only solution was to send the phone and the tablet back to the shop. But reading this makes me think twice about sending it back.

AJ
Adviser
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

I too am now dubious about sending it back.

Also as a result of these issues I will not even consider a Sony phone for my Son.

I'm looking at Nokia, Samsung or HTC - although with all of these I think my first stop will be the forums.

I am also no longer considering the Xperia Z tablet, have decided to pay the extra and get the iPad Air.

Sorry Sony - I wanted to stay with a brand I like but I'm not going to keep buying SD cards.

One time poster
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

I've had the same prolem on 2 cards. (z Tablet)

Obviously they haven't fixed this for anyone who has returned their product.

There should be a recall.

Also bad Kit KAt taking too long to fix.

One time poster
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Same issue here - had an SD card in my Xperia T with lots beautiful photos of my daughter. 

Planning to get rid of the phone as I wouldn't trust it again. Will never buy a Sony phone again after this.

To boot, after the last update to firmware 205 the battery life on my phone has dropped from 2 days to less than 12 hours.

AJ
Adviser
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

I've not posted anything for awhile because I didn't want to jinx anything but my current memory card - scandisk - has lasted 9 months so far.

However I too have just started getting serious battery life problems - may be worth starting a new thread.

As of 1 maybe 2 weeks ago my battery won't last 12 hours - at times I can actually watch the charge go down.

It will go down even in stamina mode + power save mode whilst asleep

It also suddenly brings the screen back to life and does random vibrates

I've just done a software repair via PC and am only installing apps 1 at a time to see if they may be causing it

One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

So pissed off. 

Sony's updates are killing off MicroSD cards.

Mine is a Sandisk 32Gb, with (last time I checked) 18Gb of pictures on it. These pictures go back over 3-4 years. Gone. I cannot remember what I ever saved and what didn't. 

All those pictures. Gone.

I now have to buy a new one for the simple reason there isn't enough memory on my phone for my apps to do an update; then i will have to wait for that to be broken too.

So thank you Sony. Don't suppose you are going to buy me a new MicroSD card are you?

Be careful guys.

One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

I bought my Sony C5 Ultra 10 months go, and with it, a micro SD card. I've been using the phone (with the sd card inserted) without any problems. I've stored my pictures, music, files, etc. in there and always worked fine.
Yesterday, I got a notification on my phone about a new software update. Once I got home, I had the phone updating only to discover that after it finished, my sd card is no longer detected...
Any help would be appreciated please.

Kind regards,
Sue