account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Meet Xperia Z1

Adviser
Message 11 of 66
Message 11 of 66

Re: Meet Xperia Z1

sony wants your to buy their new walkman http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/27/4778492/sony-walkman-f880-zx1-android-high-quality-audio-flac-play...

but why bother with flac unless you're at home with no ambient noise. Do you have a cone of silence you wear when you go out? 

EMT
Rookie
Message 12 of 66
Message 12 of 66

Where is LTE in the US version? Its not listed.. highest is HSPA+? 
Will future versions come with LTE?

Any news on carriers? Verizon CDMA cersion?

Apprentice
Message 13 of 66
Message 13 of 66

can anybody help me with the flac compatibilty of Sony’s Walkman App? Is there any at all or do I really have to reside to 3rd party apps like Neutron?

Visitor
Message 14 of 66
Message 14 of 66

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

Kelvin
Regular
Message 15 of 66
Message 15 of 66

haha, ya, i feel xperia z users should still wait, it was a powerful phone and i was gonna go for it. until one acquaintance asked me to wait for the z1 which had just been revealed then. and darn was it worth it. that too a jump from  a previous gen flagship. you still feel the massive jump. espcially coming from a bloated overly blown plastic phone. an impeccable device aside from some issues(most major one for me is the unavailibility of accessories especially screen protector, that is just ridiculous, using the phone for 18 days now with the box labels still on it, had to cut out the shape around the lense so I could start using the camera, cannot get rid of it especially because of the scratch prone shatter proof guard baked with the sony logo on top of it, with the scratch resistant screen underneath) , which is totally expected from any relatively new product. the main deciding factor in this case would be the support Sony provides, and how soon it releases updates and fixes. 

Regular
Message 16 of 66
Message 16 of 66

Re: Z1 Cam

true that. I have been using the z1 for 18 days now. though overall the camera isnt that bad, though definitely not like what the spec sheet suggest, especially with the powerful camera hardware inside. the good thing one can hope for is, it being the software fault, sony can fix it, hopefully soon. I too have noticed 13 MP shooters taking better images, mainly after zooming entirely into the clicked photo few artefacts and over processing is noticeable. But as a shooter it outperforms several others even in the superior auto mode which does all the tuning work for you and clicks 8.3 MP photos. I rarely use the 20.7MP mode as I dont think I can afford an Image to take more space then most of the apps (6.5 MB avg photo size). I wish at times for a 32 GB onboard but then again I am happy for having the expandable memory option, but sadly that invovles spending more to get a fast and high capacity memory card. Slightly frowning Face

Regular
Message 17 of 66
Message 17 of 66

ya, faced that once. Even my friend using an Ultra reported that issue. The simple solution is to use the hard boot[vol up + power button] shortcut to switch off the phone and then you can power it on normally using the alu power key.

here is my experience

"For around 2 hours the device was stuck on a dim grayish black backlit screen, which appeared to be switched off at first, but on closer inspection, it indicated that the backlight was on, and looked much visible from side angles.

Btw, I read many people stating that the root cause is the optimized backlight(when disabled, which is enabled/checked by default) option under display settings, which even I had unchecked. So that might be the cause, but I had that setting unchecked previously many a times and it never did this. Hopefully Sony updates and rolls out fixes soon.
Another issue I experience is Heating, especially in the morning after 6-8 hours of device sleep time. When I sit relaxed letting my bowels ease out, after around 10 mins of normal use, the device quickly warms up. I attribute this mainly to the extended device idle time, as otherwise throughout the day I use the device extensively and it never warms up this quickly."

Apprentice
Message 18 of 66
Message 18 of 66

Hi, SXZ1,
What sense does it make to make fun at owners of the Xperia Z? We own the phone already and thus have no benefit in being told 'Haha, you should have waited for the Z1!'. Regarding the possibility that your expensively bought "flagship" phone will be a short-termliving advantage, you are the real fool. Buying a Sony flagship phone at its market entry shows at least one thing: that your learning curve equals a moth which.still flies into the fire though it was burned before.
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 66
Message 19 of 66

Hey guys can I ask a favor to anyone who owns a Z1 to send me the stock photo and the sample video of it? i know its not really a useful stuff but for me its really nice to have em, thanks!

One time poster
Message 20 of 66
Message 20 of 66

Dear.

I'd just like to ask a question, if I buy on Monday October 21 the phone
z1 sony xperia white when I come to Boston?? and I would also like to know
if it comes factory unlocked?

Another thing, is available for Xperia Z1 USA LTE? because I realize
that the version that teno in my cart on Sony store is the Xperia Z1
C6902 and does not support 4G or LTE.

I hope your kind answers.