account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Media not showing

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Media not showing

Hi there. I'm having issues with my Z1 compact. To be honest, have to say after having four previous Xperia phones since 2008, this is the most buggy. Camera seems to freeze constantly and not save photos which is disappointing when u miss a good moment.

However recently after updating my phones android, the Walkman App doesn't find any music on my phone and my Album doesn't show any photos.

However, using poweramp I have all my music showing up. And other media apps show my photos too.

Can someone help me?? What's going on?

I've tried rebooting the phone, clearing cache but no luck. Most my music is on a micro sd card and the photos are both on my phone and the micro sd.
2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Media not showing

The Xperia X1, X2 and X5 weren't Android phones, the X1 and X2 were/are windows mobile phones and the X5 a feature phone; with that said. What if you boot on safe mode ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Media not showing

Ok.. Not sure what the first comment has to do with the issue at hand!

I'm using a z1 compact. Safe mode showed no pictures or media either. Furthermore, I've tried clearing the cache to no avail.

The phone is also very hot! I have it on wifi, low screen brightness, no Bluetooth/nfc/4G on, nothing else running... It seems the phones not having a good time at the moment