account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Media issues

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Media issues

Had the Xperia X now for a few weeks and loving it. The only problem is that some of the media I encounter for example Snapchat or WhatsApp don't seem to work.

For example I received a picture in WhatsApp but it didn't load the image (just a blurred version of it.

Frequently on Snapchat the stories of my friends come out blurred (pictures and videos).

Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it??
7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Media issues

That might be a slow network issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I doubt it since most of the time I'm using my phone on wifi at home!

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

uninstall and reinstall the apps, also, open the pictures with the album app and see if they are blurry

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I've tried the usual troubleshooting actions (Restarting the phone, opening pictures in the album app for WhatsApp, restarting the app(s), uninstalling the app(s) and reinstalling them, clearing the cache of the app and the phone's internet in general) but still no change. Anything else you would suggest trying?

Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

are you downloading the apps from the playstore?

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Yes
Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I wonder if there's a third party causing this problem.