account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Media Go installation failure

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Media Go installation failure

Trying to install Media Go on Windows 8.1, got the error

"Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Media Go\mglyricsPS.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770".

As far as I can see, the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Media Go doesn't even exist (which also means that the indicated file simply is missing).

Thought the download may have been prevented by a firewall so I disabled all such things but no difference.

On another computer I have it installed, there I can find this folder and the missing file. Tried to copy the files to the new computer but installation still fails with same error message.

Tried to search internet but can't find anyone experiencing same problem. No **bleep** clue about how to proceed. 

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Media Go Can't install

Hi

I want to install Media Go but while installation, a error massage came up then it failed. Please someone help me.

Below is my installation environment and error message.

Software version : Media Go 2.7a

Error message:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unpacking the Media Go Installer.
Installing DirectX Update.
DirectX Update could not be installed.
Click Ok to exit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I suspected DirectX version in my PC mismatch or something so I checked it and it is DirectX11. Maybe I think it won't be problem....

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: Media Go installation failure

For what it's worth, you've now found someone with the same problem Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Reinstalled Windows 8.1 from scratch, that solved the issue-

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi All I am also experiencing a similar issue when trying to install media go on windows 8.1. Windows 8.1 came pre loaded on my laptop so can do an re-install. The specific error I get is "Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Media Go\mglyricsPS.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024703. Contact your support personnel." I have emailed sony with no response. Google hasn't been much help either Any ideas???? Thanks in advance!!!