account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Media Go failed to install,,,reports VisualC++2005 Redistributable Error 1935

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Media Go failed to install,,,reports VisualC++2005 Redistributable Error 1935

Hullo,

I have just done a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit and the MediaGo application will not install Version 2.7.0.357 on my machine. (it was on the machine and operational before?)

Have done some research and found nothing that is completely relevant. Mostly relates to Windows XP, Windows Visa at Microsoft support, or here it relates to older versions of the MediaGo program.

I have tried to install manually the Visual C++2005 Redistributable (32-Bit and 64-Bit), even tried a later version of Visual C++2008 to no avail?

In the error window it states that the application has failed to install and redirects me to Microsoft knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/kb/556085/ja as I mentioned before Windows XP and Windows Visa???

I have found a list of downloads but which one or which ONES do I need to install?

e.g.Latest Supported Visual C++ Downloads or is there somewhere that I could get hold of the previous version and try that to see if it is only the Version 2.7.0.357 that cannot load. If that old version installs then try geting it to update using the PC Companion,,,could work??

Thanks for reading

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Media Go failed to install,,,reports VisualC++2005 Redistributable Error 1935

This is probably caused by unsuccessful install of prior Windows updates. Please see this url: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970652

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Media Go failed to install,,,reports VisualC++2005 Redistributable Error 1935

Thanks for the reply
I have seen that one and tried to change my registry but there is no "components" in the registry, it is good for Windows Vista.

Been on to Microsoft support over an update not installing a KB 2970228. The technician dialled into my machine and updated everything today, MediaGo still not wanting to be here on my drive?

Thought it was a good idea to have a look at the older version of the program!
Any other ideas welcomed
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

It's not really my area of expertise but from what i've been able to find i suspect you need to load it from the file menu and C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS but i recommend that you contact your PC support again regarding this.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

There is no components file folder in the registry, did try and create a new Temp file folder for the Visual C ++2005 to install into but could not apply the changes.

Need to look for the file location you mention though

I have created a thread at Microsoft support forums about it for what its worth. Has a few more details about the issue there e.g. dialogue boxes with full quotes, did not post here all the details might put someone to sleep! If those details would assist here will add a link.

Another session with the technician will be a Billed one, not sure if I can really afford that! Can but only ask them tomorrow.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I found discussion on another forum about this error when installing Visual C++ and where COMPONENTS was also missing. In that thread it was suggested that you load it (COMPONENTS) from the file menu in regedit and from the file C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS but i really think that you should wait for a response from Microsoft or your PC support.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for your help Rickard

Here is the link to my other post at the Microsoft support forum

Error 1935 and the VisualC++2005 Redistributable

Nb: - (File under Humour  Anguished Face ) Have a new Windows update not installing today Update to support the new currency symbol for the Russian ruble in Windows

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Haven't found anything that works but did open the program file and this particular installer will not run as a standalone package (I'm a hobbist not sure about my use of terms) vcredist2_x86.exe !?

Searched for it at Microsoft without any joy looking for a Hotfix for it?

Where was the topic you found regarding the problem please Rickard?