account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Marshmallow (32.1.A.1.163) on their Z4 feedback

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 31 of 114
Message 31 of 114

Re: Anyone got Marshmallow (32.1.A.1.163) on their Z4 tablet yet?

Got it OTA today

I would like to change my external SD-Card to internal-SD-Card, as Android 6 offers.

Does anyone know if Sony-OS supports this and what have I to do for this ?

My external-SD-Card was former used as "normal external SD-Card"; is this a problem ?

Already tried to format the SD-Card, but can not tell that it should act as internal SD-Card.

Yeti

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 32 of 114
Message 32 of 114

@ TheRealYeti 

What I know for now is, Sony does not  support external SD card as internal memory in 6.0. Maybe they will support this feature in next update.  

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 33 of 114
Message 33 of 114

@ AusDan 

Connect your tablet to PC and repair the software with PC companion. Read about it here -       http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz4tablet/software/

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 34 of 114
Message 34 of 114

@antmay wrote:

Hi,

I'm in Ohio (east coast) using the Z4 LTE version. As of today still no OTA update for me. A few questions for those who have received their marshmallow. 

- Did you get it OTA or connect via the computer using Sony's software? 

- Even though I have the LTE version, I am not using it as a phone and therefore no sim card is in it. Do I need my sim card in the tablet for it to receive update? It is always connected via wifi.

Thanks.

I am in Ghana. I am using the Singapore version of the tablet LTE. I connect with a sim(3g).I had mine via OTA. I was actually refreshing the software update app under settings <about tablet <software update ever since marshmallow was released for Xperia-Z4-Tablet on 07-Mar-16.I disconnected the stamina mode on my tablet on 09-Mar-16,refreshed the software update app and was notified just after refreshing that,  new software was available for download.

I think you should be able to update via WIFI. Try disconnecting the stamina mode and refresh the software update app under settings if that can work. If that fails, connect your tablet to PC to update as others have suggested. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 35 of 114
Message 35 of 114

Hi All,

For those who already got their update on Z4 Tablet - could you please confirm that small apps are still there and working fine? And I would especially appreciate if you could test "Translate Small App" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hansip87.smallapp.translate).

I heard some reports that people couldn't run small apps after the upgrade. But I think in the end it got resolved by clean install, so probably it was just an unlucky upgrade. I wonder about your experience...

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 36 of 114
Message 36 of 114

@dmitryperets wrote:

Hi All,

For those who already got their update on Z4 Tablet - could you please confirm that small apps are still there and working fine? And I would especially appreciate if you could test "Translate Small App" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hansip87.smallapp.translate).

I heard some reports that people couldn't run small apps after the upgrade. But I think in the end it got resolved by clean install, so probably it was just an unlucky upgrade. I wonder about your experience...

Yeah, mine works fine. Screen shot of browser and calculatorIMG_20160313_211558.jpg

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 37 of 114
Message 37 of 114

Again, translate small app works. Just tested. 

Apprentice
Message 38 of 114
Message 38 of 114

All my small apps don't work since the update.  It appears the on-screen back, home and recent apps buttons are overlapping and prevent me from getting to the small apps.  I guess I have a bad install.

Fortunately, I hardly use the small apps, so I can live without it.  However, it still tickles me that I've got something that's not perfect on my Z4T.  I'll go get it fixed some day, but I'm too much of a noob with android to know what to do.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 39 of 114
Message 39 of 114

@jacktan12 wrote:

All my small apps don't work since the update.  It appears the on-screen back, home and recent apps buttons are overlapping and prevent me from getting to the small apps.  I guess I have a bad install.

Fortunately, I hardly use the small apps, so I can live without it.  However, it still tickles me that I've got something that's not perfect on my Z4T.  I'll go get it fixed some day, but I'm too much of a noob with android to know what to do.

Hi, 
Did you get it over the air (OTA ) and where are you? 
Restart if it works. 
I would suggest you connect your phone to PC and repair with PC companion. You must back up though. 
Read here - 

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz4tablet/tools/bridge-for-mac/

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 40 of 114
Message 40 of 114

Still waiting, (UK, WiFi only)

Another public relations sucess for Sony! 

Lots of people left disapointed after paying out good money for their kit!