account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Marshmallow (32.1.A.1.163) on their Z4 feedback

Talent
Message 1 of 114
Message 1 of 114

Marshmallow (32.1.A.1.163) on their Z4 feedback

According to XperiFrm its rolling out from today - 7th March.  I would really like to know if it improves on the general performance of the tablet as I find Android 5.0.2 to be laggy at best.

113 REPLIES 113
Learner
Message 2 of 114
Message 2 of 114

Re: Anyone got Marshmallow (32.1.A.1.163) on their Z4 tablet yet?

Just finished flashing rebooting nowSlightly smiling Face

Talent
Message 3 of 114
Message 3 of 114

Where are you from, Gerald?  And which Z4 do you have, wifi or LTE?  Thanks

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 114
Message 4 of 114

I'm on o2 UK and it's not available for my LTE Z4 yet. Still showing as .260 from last November as latest software version.

My Z3+ has updated however. I'm not impressed. It's like my phone has taken several steps back. Eg. not being able to set the SD card for internal or move apps to it any more. No stamina mode battery settings any more or new Doze to replace it. 

Sony small apps have new icons but apps won't open. Lock screen phone symbol replaced by microphone.

And weren't we supposed to be getting 6.0.1 and not 6.0?

Update, after a clean install/repair via Sony Mac Companion, Doze appears to be inbuilt as default. There is an optional/further battery saver option under power management I notice too.

Also my small apps work again. I notice the widget with them has gone as has the photo album widget.

The other niggles still apply. I'll be deleting a lot of apps tonight to make space.

Talent
Message 5 of 114
Message 5 of 114

Hi Jimroy

From what I understand hardly any OEM has taken the option of internal SD card usage due to the fact that the internal memory is quite a bit faster than using an SD card.  My Nvidia Shield has it, but my LG G4 does not.  I also understand Samsung aren't allowing it as an option either.

As for stamina mode - that does sound a step backwards unless Sony thinks Android's doze mode does a similar thing.  I know that on my G4, LG's power save mode was also dropped for doze; and after a week I ended up getting a day extra battery from the phone.

To be honest; it's early days yet for Marshmellow on the Z series and maybe giving it a day or two to settle down might help.  As a fellow Z4 LTE owner as long as I get rid of that piece that is Android 5.0.2 from my device I would be happy.  

Learner
Message 6 of 114
Message 6 of 114

Wifi and I used Sony mobile Flasher by Androxyde. sorry for the late response

Highlighted
Message 7 of 114
Message 7 of 114

In regards to the missing stamina mode, it's all explained below.

Battery STAMINA Mode has been replaced with Google’s Doze and App Standby?

Battery STAMINA Mode provides a smart solution for managing power consumption, as does the combination of Doze and App Standby - so you can still enjoy using your device for longer with optimised battery life.

Doze intelligently regulates power consumption when the device is in standby, when the screen is off. App Standby further improves battery life by reducing the activity and data access of apps running in the background.

Because of the similarities - and as Doze and App Standby are integrated directly into Android 6.0 - we decided to remove Battery STAMINA Mode in this particular upgrade to ensure users can enjoy the same experience, without compromising on memory or processing power.

Is this the end for Sony’s Battery STAMINA Mode?

We can’t comment on the future of Battery STAMINA Mode, but as we know battery life is one of the major user smartphone pain points, we continue to develop bleeding-edge power consumption and saving solutions.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 8 of 114
Message 8 of 114

Thanks for the info, viridis

Looks like the release is being done in region sequence, from R3 to R16...

(Edit - Looks like I'm wrong about that - UK O2 has been released, and the region has moved from R10 to R5..)

Oh look, guess which country is R16 ?! 

Z4.png

Message 9 of 114
Message 9 of 114

I think the R code is revision, not region.
Some R10b Z5's have rolled out whilst some R3b are still waiting.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 10 of 114
Message 10 of 114

@viridis wrote:
I think the R code is revision, not region.
Some R10b Z5's have rolled out whilst some R3b are still waiting.

Looks like you're right again, viridis.  UK O2 Z4 tablet has just been released, and the code has changed from R10A to R5C...