account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magnetic Charger Issue

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Magnetic Charger Issue

After only one month of use the magnetic charging port on my Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) separated from the body of the phone. I contacted Sony USA and this was the exchange...

My message:
Unfortunately, after only one month of ownership the magnetic charging port on my Sony Xperia Z2 has separated from the body of the phone. The first time it happened I simply placed the piece back into the phone and it continued to work. However, when I remove the phone from its DK36 Magnetic Charging Cradle the piece remains stuck to the cradle. I have shared a photograph of the phone to better illustrate what I am experiencing. I love my Z2, but how do I get this resolved? I must assume that this has compromised the water resistance of the phone.

Sony USA's response:
I am sorry to hear what happened to your device. The model of your phone is not release in the USA, so unfortunately we can not have it repair. I would recommend you to contact the vendor or contact Sony Xperia in Greece since your phone was released for sale in Greece. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, the Xperia Z2 is not listed on the Sony Greece support site and I purchased the phone on eBay. So, how do I get this problem resolved?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Mih
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Magnetic Charger Issue

D6503 is the model used in Canada, if you aren't far from the border...