account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

MW1 Headset Volume too loud with Xperia Z 4.4.2

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

MW1 Headset Volume too loud with Xperia Z 4.4.2

I just updated my Xperia Z and I'm having problems with my MW1 since updating to 4.4.2 (KitKat)

Previously, the headset volume could be set separately from the phone volume, but one of the "enhancements" in 4.4.2 is support for Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 whereby the MW1 volume control now sets the phone volume directly.  

This would probably be fine, but it seems have the effect that even the lowest volume is barely tolerable and anything higher is painfully (dangerously?) loud.  It is equivalent to setting the underlying MW1 volume to max with no way of adjusting it.  Changing the phone volume just makes it louder.

This needs some sort of fix ASAP. Either disabling this "feature" or adding a setting to the MW1 to change the baseline volume level to something tolerable.  These are both Sony devices, it shouldn't be too much to ask that they are compatible and work together without risking my hearing.

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: MW1 Headset Volume too loud with Xperia Z 4.4.2

Same issue with MW600 after updating Xperia Z to 4.4.2, was nice to have both devices with seperate volume controls... Would appreciate an option to disable features of AVRCP.

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Well...

there is a fix...

you could root (voids warranty instantly)

And find one that removes it...

probably not much help but it is there if you need it

Grinning Face

Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I was rather hoping for at least an acknowlgement of the problem from someone at Sony. It's not as if it's a particularly difficult problem to reproduce...

Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Its a long shot , ive been asking questions for years and had little interaction even when this was a supported device

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

the problem happened to me.

finally, i found the way to solve the problem.

just release the bt headset(s) from your mobile, and repair them.

it worked for me.

eeg
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Same problem with SBH20 and xperia Z1 compact. No words from sony about this?