account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

MP3 Tag Information Not Saved As Part of MP3 File

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

MP3 Tag Information Not Saved As Part of MP3 File

Whenever I edit MP3 track information (such as title, artist, album, etc) and save them, they take effect. But when I move these MP3 files to another location (both internal and external storage), all the track information I input is lost. This is so annoying!
I suspect that Walkman keeps a separate hidden file/database of MP3 metadata for each track; why not persist these information in the MP3 file itself so that when I copy files around (or even move files to my computer or other devices) the tags are not lost?

1 REPLY 1
Adept
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: MP3 Tag Information Not Saved As Part of MP3 File

I think you are right. The editing you make is stored in the Walkman App itself while MP3s are left untouched.

If you happen to have WinAmp MP3 player installed in your computer (or any other player capable to editing MP3 tags), I suggest you do it externally in your PC.

I keep all my MP3 files strictly on SD card. When more extensive editing or copying is needed it is always better to unmount the SD card, remove it from the phone and do all the changes in the PC. It is faster and you have more control over the process. I also prefer creating my own playlists using *.m3u Winamp playlist format, which is recognized (thanks God!) by Walkman app and these playlists appear in Walkman app in Playlists - My Playlists.