account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

MESSAGE PREVIEW

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

MESSAGE PREVIEW

How do I turn off the message preview? I mean, when the message comes, I see every word of it on status bar and on notification bar when I slide it open. How do I turn that off? I don't want someone to see my message when I'm showing them something on my phone!

I still want to know it came, but not to show exact text. I see nothing like this in message settings.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: MESSAGE PREVIEW

I do not quite understand,the messages only show up in the notification bar partially.What is the issue?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Well, no, whole message shows, but the issue is, when I'm showing something on my phone to somebody, and message comes, they can see what's written in it because it shows in status bar and that's intruding my privacy!
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

You might want to try another sms application,sorry.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.