account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Low volume after .570 update

Talent
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Low volume after .570 update

So, that's it, it's way too low comparing with 5.1 where I had to put it 2-3 steps from max. Now I have to put it TO MAX and it's still not enough for comfortable listening. 
Updated with factory reset, reinstalled Music and so on, using MH1c & NC31 earphones.
Hope, there WILL BE another update to fix this, 'caise .570 just officially pushed beta.

UPD: Great, there is more. The low volume is due to not working DSEE HX and second, distorted sound with locked screen,  in my case it's HR format, here is topic from Z3 branch:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3/Sound-bug-on-Xperia-Z3-after-Android-6-0-1-marshmallow-updat...

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Low Volume after upgrading to Marshmallow

Hi!

Today I updated my Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) to Marshmallow via OTA. The update is brilliant, but I've found a bug. The volume is very low, it was much better in Lollipop 5.1.1. In WhatsApp, I have to set the volume to the highest level to unterstand voice notes. In Lollipop, I had set it in the middle. I have already restart my phone, but the bug is not gone.
Anyone else?
I hope Sony will investigate this.
One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Low volume after .570 update

I have the similar issue as well. Media sound doesn't change after Marshmellow update and the sound is so low right now

Talent
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Low Volume after upgrading to Marshmallow

I doubt it, friends, that there will be another update with fix for us, because all this problems were known since testing .570 which is BETA firmware from Beta programm. And the fact that Sony pushed it for Z2/Z3 users I might treat like finale bone for us, just to shut us up.
So, I rolled back on 5.1.1 and happy for now.

Adept
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Am experiencing the same problem on my Xperia Z2 D6503 running on Marshmallow. The volume is low when using either phone speakers or headsets as compared to the sound on Lollipop
Learner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Now I'm afraid to update!