account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lost backup with android 4.3 update

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Lost backup with android 4.3 update

Before updating my xperia to android 4.3 I had made backup with "Back up & restore" app and reset phone to default settings.

After firmware updating I had try to restore from backup, but there was error.

Screenshot_2014-05-27-15-02-21.png

Somebody knows how to restore from old backup?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lost backup with android 4.3 update

Rename the .dbk file to .zip or .rar and try to extract what you can.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

In Back up & restore app I have this:

Screenshot_2014-05-27-15-54-11.pngScreenshot_2014-05-27-15-53-38.png

But in filesystem there are separate files acording to each item (with wrong encoding inside):

IMG_20140527_155017.JPG

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

You should transfer the file to your computer and rename it there.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@alexdon wrote:

You should transfer the file to your computer and rename it there.

It doesn't work. 

Solution with archives work with PC backup, but I make backup with "Back up & restore" app directly in phone.

Backup files look like this:

head -n 20 com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook 
ANDROID BACKUP
AES-256
6DF015DF46002C09B1645BB6E82 .........

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I see,I am sorry but there might not be any chance to recover that.Unless you know someone with 4.1.2 which can extract it.

Regular
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Ok. As a solution I can downgrade android in my phone to 4.1.2 and then restore.

I have suggestion about Back up & restore app. There may be a warning message, that inform about problems with incompatible versions.

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Try it,downgrade if you wish.