account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lost all calendar events

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Lost all calendar events

Hi
I was changing the view on my calendar, went from agenda back to monthly view. All my events were gone. As I don't use Google calendar, only the default phone one, I've never used sync before. I was trying different settings to get it back. If I've synced to Google calendar (which is empty), does this overwrite the default application? Is there anyway to restore the default phone (Xperia S) calendar? What does it sync to as this option is standard?
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lost all calendar events

Have you checked so that the phone calendar is set to be displayed? You can do that from Calendar -> [menu] -> My calendars.

The phone calendar does not synchronize at all so if posts in this calendar are lost there's no way to restore them. Synchronizing with for example Google will create another calendar, it will not overwrite the phone calendar.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi Rickard,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Yes I have made the Gmail calendar invisible but I still have no events. Under the Default account (phone calendar) the two options are "synced, visible" or "synced, not visible" so I also wondered where it synced to. Is there a calendar database sonewhere on the phone I can try and restore? Just hoping for any last option :/

Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

The phone calendar is only saved when you use a backup software like the preinstalled Backup & restore. It's not really synced with any service like Gmail.

If you have made a backup using Backup & restore you can restore that backup to get your data back but if you don't have any backup i'm afraid your data is gone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.