account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lollipop update is a mixed bag

Enthusiast
Message 71 of 235
Message 71 of 235

Re: Lollipop update is a mixed bag

Thanks - but have alreayd done a repair via the software - was a waste of time.

Also, not sure how a hardware issue is fixed by clearing Smart Connect data.....

Emperor
Message 72 of 235
Message 72 of 235

if it's fixed by clearing the smart connect and it happens again soon after then it's another app creating this issue, do you have the "smartkey" app? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 73 of 235
Message 73 of 235

Please bring back the vibrate/silent button on powerbutton menu and pull down menu.

While listening to music, it is impossible to switch between normal/vibrate/silent mode.
Only way to do it now:
Pause the music, wait 5 sec for the walkman app to go to sleep, then switch to vibrate/normal, then start the music again
Who thinks that is an acceptable way?

Only other options:
- manually in the settings, but when you go from vibrate to normal your ringtone starts to demonstrate the volume

- ugly third party app/widget

Regular
Message 74 of 235
Message 74 of 235

Xperia Z1 Compact problems after Lollipop Update

The following issues came up after I update my Xperia Z1 compact to Lollipop (India)

1. There is no Close all button in overview as many other users are claiming that they have.

2. The viewfinder in camera lags too much.

3. There is a huge battery drain in the Ultra Stamina Mode. Overall also, battery backup has reduced. and charging takes too much time.

4. X-reality feature does nothing even after turning on. No effect seen in images taken. Very poor as compared to Kitkat OS.

5. 60fps recording doesn't seem to record in 60fps, it is rather 30fps.

6. While in low light, the camera viewfinder shows nothing, unline in Kitkat where much of the image in the viewfinder cold be seen.

7. Xperia with Facebook doesn't sync facebook calendar at all.

Rest everything is working pretty fine till now.

The battery drain issue needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Need a response and acknowledgement from Sony.

Talent
Message 75 of 235
Message 75 of 235

Re: Xperia Z1 Compact problems after Lollipop Update

Totally agree with all of the above...I hope Sony are listening and don't leave us with this half baked update as the Z1 Compact's final update. It is buggy and missing features!

Sage
Message 76 of 235
Message 76 of 235

Re: Xperia Z1 Compact problems after Lollipop Update

As for 60 fps recording one of Sony staff said its not possible on z1 and z1c {seriously? hard to believe} and this option will be removed in future update.

Viewfinder has started to lag for me too.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 77 of 235
Message 77 of 235

Is anybody having problems with the notification LED? Since updating two days ago, the only time I have seen it lit is when charging. Nothing else. Yet another botched aspect of the update to infuriate me.

Can we have some clarification that Sony are listening to people's views on this? This update is totally unacceptable in my eyes and I would hope to see these problems acknowledged and fixed. The removal of lockscreen widgets is unforgivable (unless this is Google's decision, in which case can't blame Sony) but also things like removing the silent quick-setting....just WHY?!...the huge ugly icons and horrible interface (particularly the dialler app)....the removal of the Facebook integration meaning all my Facebook contacts birthdays have gone on the calendar...the laggy camera...how can Sony botch an update so much? Do they have an email address I can send these concerns to?

I said in a previous post that I'd go back to KitKat if I could and was informed I could flash it - but guessing I won't be able to keep my apps and data???

Commissioner
Message 78 of 235
Message 78 of 235

Thank goodness I didn't update to Lollipop.
Talent
Message 79 of 235
Message 79 of 235

To add insult to injury, like somebody else in this thread, since applying the 5.0 update, I am not receiving text messages. I have twice asked my girlfriend to text me and I have receieved nothing after 2 hours!! I have full signal/service. Anybody else??

Commissioner
Message 80 of 235
Message 80 of 235

Although I'm still naively waiting for customized CE3 version of Lollipop, I flashed my z1 compact with customized FR some 10 days ago. LED was working for SMS and for charging battery but not for missed calls.

Finally, a few days ago, I decided to go back to Kitkat 4.4.4 so I could have a normal phone which can be silenced easily and doesn't have battery drain.