account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lollipop phone search keyboard language

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Lollipop phone search keyboard language

I have russian names in my phone book but I only have latin characters available when I try to search through, so I really can't enter any because I'm not used to split my alphabet on 0-9 numbers. How can I get my russian characters back? There is no option to switch keyboard because it is phone-enter mode(same as <input type="phone"/> on sites).

It had 3 rows - number, latil characters and russian characters, now only number and latin character. How to enable russian characters there?

PS system language is russian, russian keyboard available.

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lollipop phone search keyboard language

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean and unfortunately, I do not speak the Russian language so might be hard for me to support you but I'll do my best. :smileysmileythumbsup:

Regarding the alphabet on 0-9 numbers, it sounds like you describe the keyboard as phonepad design. Could you go to Settings > Language & input > Xperia Keyboard >  Portrait keyboard > Mark "Full Keyboard".

Are you using different writing languages? You can see this via Settings > Language & input > Xperia Keyboard > Writing language.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lollipop phone search keyboard language

Seems that I was a bit unclear.

Hope this screenshot helps :

http://postimg.org/image/6hawyvvxh/

It has found "мама" and "папа"(mother and father) but I haven't got such sybmols at my keyboard. I had them in previous version and it was something like this :

"

abc

абв

"

so I want my keyboard layout back where I have latin and russian characters both.