account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lollipop bugs again

Emperor
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: Lollipop again

@phQash

This is what I would do

1. Get a brand new MICRO SIM card, make sure that it is a MICRO SIM card and not a trimmed SIM card. 

Double check the APN settings, make sure that you have the correct APN settings

Check with your network for any LTE coverage issues

Which version of the Z Ultra do you have? which carrier and country? 

2. This is more of a preference, it'll be good to have the option to keep the screen off even while answering a call. 

3. That's an Android issue not Sony, you should contact Android devs or check the Android forum.

4. It'll be wise to 

a. reformat the SD card 

and

b. reinstall lollipop with PCC, it will smooth things out.

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

Re: Lollipop bugs again

@uliwooly
I am aware I "can contact Sony directly". Based on my tries to contact them, I can say that the chances that someone will read this forum is much better, than when I contact them directly. All I get is "repair your phone using computer"

And about your suggestions. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.
As I mentioned, just before updating I had LTE working. I don't think that SIM that worked in kitkat can stop working in lollipop. And by the way it is not trimmed.
I go to settings->mobile network ->show available. There I get 2G, 3G and 4G of my operator. 3G is marked as the one in the use right now. I select 4G and phone tells me it can't connect to it. I have C6833, the one with LTE. Russia, MTS, if this really interesting for you.

I'll try to reinstall but I don't see how it will help. All this things looks more like bugs.
Emperor
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

Keep us updated

@phQash

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

Well, first update to my situation. My SD Card is genuine SanDisc. I checked it on the PC — there is no mistakes/bad sectors at all. And File Commander gets I/O errors every time. Since I have not rooted device I can't use any other software to write to SD.

upd: card is exFAT. it was no problem in KitKat, but maybe it is in lollipop?

Talent
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

total commander can write on sd in not-rooted devices.

how exactly did you check your sdcard?

Learner
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

Battery drains faster in lollipop

After the recent update, my phone's battery drains very fast. I used to love the battery feature in my ultra but now it reduces very very fast except that it also charges very slow.

And after update, I'm unable to reduce the home screen grid size on my Z ultra as it can be done in the previous version.

Visitor
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

Re: Lollipop charging bug ???

IVE GOT A SEVERE PROBLEM IN MY Z ULTRA,

Just updated it to lollipop from perfect kitkat, battery was 97%, after update it was 61%. 

Kept using it and enjoying the new UI until it reached 15% and battery notification popped out. Kept it in dock charger which i have been using with no problems for almost a year now (because my micro usb doesnt work).

Came after 30 minutes, it was 2% and a message saying it's draining faster than charging. Tried my mate's Xperia Z Ultra which was still Jelly Bean it charged perfectly, so hardware isnt a problem here.

MY PROBLEM IS: 

IT NEVER GOES OVER 3% battery percentage even after 5 hours of charge while off, and drains in 10 minutes of being on even with charger plugged in!!!!!!!!!!! Sony promised that this update will be worth it, I don't think it is! 

Please find me a solution because deleting and restoring isnt going to help me, as I'm a student and got very important documents and pdfs in it!!!

I really thought I can depend on Sony, dont let me down now!

Highlighted
Talent
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

Re: Lollipop charging bug ???

you should be keeping backups and not relying on any single piece of equipment for important data.

Use sd card, google drive, dropbox and offline storage in multiple locations