account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lollipop battery saver

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Lollipop battery saver

After android 5 update now their is android native battery saver( batter consumption chart menu) . How I could use this with Sony battery saver. Is it different? Better than stamina mode? Or same as Sony power saving options?
2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lollipop battery saver

@KoolB

I'm not sure about this, perhaps @Rickard could elaborate, but it seems that Xperias running lollipop have only Sony's power saving mode and not lollipop native battery saver.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lollipop battery saver

I would use our battery saving functions instead of the native one. Our has more options and with Stamina you can for example also select if you still want to keep certain apps active, set which percentage you want it enabled and specify what settings you want it to change.

As i understand it, the native one will disable most background data, lower the performance and turn off vibrations and you can select between automatic activation at 5% or 15%.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.