account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lollipop and Radio FM as Media Player

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Lollipop and Radio FM as Media Player

Hi.

Since

I have Lollipop in my Z3, I can not choose Radio FM as a media player in Smartkey Sony Application, to control Radio FM from my headset button.

I have also tried it with other play store headset control apps and it also can not be choose.

In Kit Kat it was possible to choose it. It seems that Sony has changed the status of Radio FM in Lollipop, and now is not consider as a media player APP.

How am I suposse to start, close or change the station in the Radio FM app with the headset button while the phone is on its case or in the handbag?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lollipop and Radio FM as Media Player

Have you checked on SmartConnect?

also you can contact Sony directly

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much.

I've done both, smartconnect (works because allows start an application not only a media player as smartkey) but it does not allow to contol Radio FM with headset button as smartkey should do. The support, as always has recommended repairing it with pccompannion and also has scale the question.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I tried this here and as you say, Smart Key starts Walkman (or other media player) but not the FM-radio so a software repair will not help.

I'll forward it as feedback.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much.

I've already done the pccompannion repair, and as it was expected it has not work. Smartkey still do not recognized Radio FM as a media player after repaired it.