account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lock Screen Camera Faulty

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Lock Screen Camera Faulty

Screenshot_2013-11-04-19-53-40[1].pngHi all,

I purchased a Z very recently and its been great until I discovered a black block covering 1/4 of the main camera screen at the bottom with the recording and camera button still visible. This area would usually be clear, showing part of the photo being taken. Also, when I attempt to switch the the front camera, the screen jumps right back on to the lock screen.

This only happens when I access the camera through the lock screen; when I use the camera from the menu it is fine.

I have already tried turning my phone on and off twice but it has not worked, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lock Screen Camera Faulty

1. Seetings > apps > all > camera > clear cache > restart your phone and try again

2. repair your phone with SUS or PCC (re-install the current update)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

You have changed the megapixels to 12 rather than 9. 9mp is 16:9 aspect ratio ( full screen). 12 is nearer to the ratio of standard 6x4 photos, so its the better mode to use. You also gain 3 more megapixels.
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

reason why you got that dot is a camera failure, i recived 3 dots my self on my xperia z but i had it sent to repair and they re-placed the camera part and since then dots are gone Slightly smiling Face

update nvm i miss read your message there xD thought you said you had black dot some where but you actually mean black box near buttons to right xD