account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

List of issues that need to be solved ASAP

Master
Message 81 of 88
Message 81 of 88

Re: List of issues that need to be solved ASAP

whats the point of being qualified and sitting at the top level management.. i think they are playing defense...

just give consumers less and less . and make profit more and more..

they will not hire the actual devs just beacuse they are not qualified... waste of talent....

they should be given a chance... but no , the one having a degree is the one who will work for us.. ok then.. buy your phone yourself...

Emperor
Message 82 of 88
Message 82 of 88

haha yeah but just bc they are CEOs it doesn't mean they are the most qualified people, it just politics, the person w/ more leverage gets the job and sinks the ship Dizzy Face (just like in real world politics) they need to really listen to consumers and let developers deliver w/o their bureaucracy and restrictions and/or hire more or more capable developers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 83 of 88
Message 83 of 88

Any news on any fixes? I'm hoping ICS will clear a lot of these up. The non-responding launcher is a major problem for me- ruining the mostly enjoyable experience of using an Arc S!

The most annoying thing is that I've only had my phone since mid-January, and it's already becoming a bit non-responsive and picking up at least a quarter of the mentioned problems plus a few more that's not been mentioned. I thought, when I bought it, that being quite a high-end Smartphone, it'd be a smooth and non-frustrating experience. Maybe I was wrong.

So, anyone else experiencing issues with the Track ID update? For me, it shows an update is avaliable and but does not allow me to update it. Not a huge problem, but just quite sloppy from Sony.

Also, a problem with Contacts. When I try to "join contacts", the app will just crash. Again, nothing major, but still annoying.

Master
Message 84 of 88
Message 84 of 88

what other problems you are facing which are not mentioned above..??

ok try this , settings > applications > storage use > track id

clear data , cache and uninstall updates..

then try to update ok...

and for contacts , settings > app > storage use > contacts > clear data and cache.. ( this might delete all the contacts so make a backup of your contacts ok , ie open contacts > press right button and select backup contacts )

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 85 of 88
Message 85 of 88

Thanks for the response. I deleted the data from Track ID, but  the "cache" and "uninstall updates" options are greyed out. Tried going back on the app and no update is shown to be avaliable (yet). By the way, the update does not appear on the notification bar like normal updates do, it's specific to the Track ID app and it also shows up on the app itself, in a window. I CAN download the new version of Track ID seperatley and not have it replace the old one (and always have been able to), but I don't really want two apps with one I can't uninstall.

As for contacts, is backing it up completely safe and reliable? I'm not too bothered about the contact problem to be honest, seems a big risk for a little issue.

The only other issues I can think of are with  RAM in general. It seems throughout the day that the amount of memory avaliable deteriorates to around 60MB by the end of the day, and high-demand apps, like the game Temple Run often lag or freeze, but if I play it just after the phone starts-up, it's relatively smooth. I've tried various "App Killers", but all they seem to is free up a bit of battery time and have no real input on how smooth the phone runs.

I do have quite a few apps, about 6 slides worth on top of all the stock apps. Even so, I don't think it's right. I'd expect this from a phone which is about a year and a bit old, but for a few months, surely its pretty bad?

Master
Message 86 of 88
Message 86 of 88

well yes backing up will not cause any harm and you can import them back without having any problem..

but if you dont want to take a chance , then dont Slightly smiling Face

hmm , RAM...

do you exit your apps properly..?? please be sure you dont press the home key ( middle ) to exit apps , if you do , app wil still use RAM...

press the back button always..

from time to time , switch off your phone , it clears up RAM and internal memory....

i think you must have an application called " apps2sd" if not then install it and make sure al your apps are on sd card , it also clears cache which will increase internal memory....

follow these steps and you wont find any problem Slightly smiling Face if you still have problems , i'll provide more solutions..

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 87 of 88
Message 87 of 88

Maybe one day!

I try to use the back button as much as possible, but sometimes even when I do, the home screen will reload.

I've moved most apps to my SD already without that app, but I'll have a look into it anyway.

Switiching off my phone works great, so I guess I'll just have to do that every night before I go to bed!

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Master
Message 88 of 88
Message 88 of 88

i know this sucks Neutral Face but you have to bear that homescreen reload.. maybe ics will clear all those bugs Slightly smiling Face

just a suggestion : i have rooted my phone and deleted some bloatware files , and my ram consumption decreased and internal memory increased.

rooting might void your warranty so its upto you if you want to root or not.. maybe after 1 year is over.. Winking Face

you'r welcome..