account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Limiting the scope of XZU despite giving 64 GB external memory support

Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Limiting the scope of XZU despite giving 64 GB external memory support

Hi,

Keeping in mind todays ever growing demand for memory i belive XZU developers shouldn't have squeezed/limit the internal memory to 16 GB (Usable 11 GB) ONLY! This wouldn't have affected this much had the developers allowed transfer of AT LEAST the humongous game data files/GPS Navigation maps base files to the external card. This is impossible without rooting the phone and thus making the warranty void.

With such an amazing device i believe most of the users would face this memory limit issue every now and then and the SONY devs should definitely do something about it.

Else, keeping a 64 GB mem card installed just for data dump is not fruitful enough Slightly frowning Face

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Limiting the scope of XZU despite giving 64 GB external memory support

There are other threads on the same topic, make sure to use the search bar to find similar topics before creating repeated threads

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Limiting the scope of XZU despite giving 64 GB external memory support

I did search keywords "memory" "16 gb" & "external memory" before posting this & couldn't find anything. I belive re-routing the duplicate queries wth appropriate links is the duty of admins (They are getting paid for it).