account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Let's do a list of known lollipop issues

Commissioner
Message 81 of 126
Message 81 of 126

Re: Let's do a list of known lollipop issues

I'm really annoyed by a weird keyboard bug when typing in chrome. This bug was also present in Kitkat by the way.

Other than that my main issues with lolli are no close all button (mostly because I want to get rid of unused apps and just keep my main ones there, but in lolli it shortly becomes a mess with a million things showing up), and that horrible notification that keeps nagging me about 75% internal memory.
---
Was this helpful? Give me a kudos Slightly smiling Face
Emperor
Message 82 of 126
Message 82 of 126

@MarkMRL

That's up to Google/Chrome devs to fix this issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 83 of 126
Message 83 of 126

For all the people who have issues with their phones after Lollipop update, I'm suggesting this to you:

If you istalled Lollipop over Kitkat and kept all your apps and settings, I'd strongly recommend that you do a clean installation of Lollipop. Just back up all your data, contacts, messages, call logs and whatever you want to keep safe from erasing. Then proceed to Phone Repair cia PC Companion or Mac Sony Bridge, this will wipe your internal storage and installs a clean copy of latest version available. When I did that I got a really great Lollipop experience with much much less issues. Only those issues reported in stock 5.0.2 will remain, and those won't be fixed before Sony releases 5.1.

For details about Phone Repair, see this post:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Z3-Dual/Contacts-loading-very-slowly/m-p/980370#M15691

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 84 of 126
Message 84 of 126

OK I noticed a new problem today. When in priority my starred callers are not being heard. Only noticed as I was holding my phone and saw a text come in. So tried calling my phone from a starred number and it was silent. Is this a known issue?
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 85 of 126
Message 85 of 126

Talking about priority mode.

Everything supposed to be turned off except alarm sound - but the telephone rings on incoming call. Rejecting that call turns the priority mode off.

Isn't it a bug?

Commissioner
Message 86 of 126
Message 86 of 126

Another thing I hope they bring back is a toggle in dropdown menu that allows switching between sound, vibrate and silent, and also long press on icons that bring you to their respective settings page. I have no idea why these things were removed, they were so useful. Please bring them back Sony Dev Team.

---
Was this helpful? Give me a kudos Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 87 of 126
Message 87 of 126

Okay why is it that my z3 always close programs while i am using them after opening z3 closes them time after time very not good tested this **bleep**

Apprentice
Message 88 of 126
Message 88 of 126

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem as me. Phone appeared fine after upgrade to lollipop then after about a week when pressed power button it began continuously showing messages that various processes were not responding, this went on for some time then phone restarted and went into a reboot loop, would reach the O2 splash screen then reboot, I tried to connect to pc companion but couldn't due to the phone rebooting before before pc companion could connect. It is now sent for repair.
C28
Learner
Message 89 of 126
Message 89 of 126

Glad it's not just me, have honestly started to wonder if I needed to get my hearing checked. Can no longer use my phone or tablet to play media, through headphones or otherwise. I bought the Xperia phone and tablet so I could take them into kitchen, bathroom etc and play media without worrying about dropping them in the sink but useless since the upgrade. Really really unimpressed, change I can cope with but this is change for the worse! Please sort out these issue issues soon!
Visitor
Message 90 of 126
Message 90 of 126

More than all of this sick sheez, after the update the camera is force closing and YouTube is not working. Guys update is supposed to make the device better not worse. Sony Corp screwed my mobile, time you go for iPhone. You guys **bleep**