account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Learining client 2.1 wastes battery

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 81
Message 1 of 81

Learining client 2.1 wastes battery

Now I am satisfied with how my battery lasts (around 36 hours with the help of Juice Defender and Power Saver turned on)

however in power managment when I check what wastes the battery

something called Learning Client 2.1 wastes 25% of the battery, Waht is this and can I turne it off?

Phine is running on ICS

80 REPLIES 80
Master
Message 2 of 81
Message 2 of 81

Re: Learining client 2.1 wastes battery

Can't find this process in any of the Go I have checked so I guess it's something related to an app you have installed in the phone. Might be some kind of power save app which learns which processes you are using the most and close down unwanted ones.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 81
Message 3 of 81

I have the same problem, Learning client 2.1 currently eats 31% of the battery. Learning client is installed on the Xperia Go with the ICS update.

One time poster
Message 4 of 81
Message 4 of 81

I have the same problem. It occured with the update to ICS. My phone tells me that 35 % of the energy is used for the app "Learning Client 2.1"; although it says, the CPU usage was (just) 6 seconds. (In total my battery is at 70% and the ON time is nealry 13 hours.

One time poster
Message 5 of 81
Message 5 of 81

I don't know if such an advice is welcome in the Sony forum, but a possible solution to this problem is to root your device and install Titanium backup. Form there you can uninstall or freeze Learning client. It just takes a couple of minutes and the result is a very smoothly running Xperia Go.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 81
Message 6 of 81

Master
Message 7 of 81
Message 7 of 81

I have looked some more into this and it seems indeed be related to the phone learning new words you type in. If you 'create' a lot of new words for the phone to learn it will drain battery, just as every other function. The reason it didn't show up in GB/2.3 is most likely that this process has previously been included in some other process, but to make it possible for 3rd party app-developers to use it separately, it has been pulled out and is now a stand-alone process.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 8 of 81
Message 8 of 81

Sorry, but your answer is as wrong as it can be. I'm not even using the default Xperia keyboard (so nothing to learn for this process), and this process drains much much more battery than any other function. I use another learning keyboard which does not even show up in the list, because it uses so little battery (and, just to make it clear, this alternative keyboard does not use the Learning Client service). Besides, this process also drains battery while the phone is inactive. It should do so only when the user is actually typing, and then much less than it currently does.

I think you should rather forward this issue to the ICS devs instead of giving premature answers without investigating the problem properly.

Rookie
Message 9 of 81
Message 9 of 81

I updated to ICS using a fw from xda then used the PCC to repair after which I too had the learning client with high battery usage and also home screen lagging. But two days ago I decided to go back to GB and flash with ICS from xda and since then no learning client and no lagging, the phone has behave really well since. I've also now rooted it and not yet removed learning client.

Rookie
Message 10 of 81
Message 10 of 81

I see this too occasionally. With limited use my battery can hold for two days; in these cases the screen and LearningClient both account for around 30% of the batt.usage. - And then I will only have written a few text messages, so not a lot for the Client to do. .... Illustrated by the facts that it has registered only 60 sec of CPU time, and maybe 4 KB of data handled!