account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Latest Update (26.1.B.3.109) has created some strange problems with the display

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Latest Update (26.1.B.3.109) has created some strange problems with the display

After updating the phone software, I've started facing a very strange problem regarding the display.
As soon as I updated the software, after restarting the phone i was able to see my lock screen, notification bar and home-screen basic buttons and the menu buttonm eexcept these nothing was visible either in menu or on homescreen. I couldn't even access any home screen pages.

It was kind of blank (though my wallpaper was visible and as I mentioned notification bar, default 3 buttons and menu button were visible, so not completely blank). I restarted my phone like 4-5 times, but got the same result, then all of sudden evrything was visible again as usual. I thought it was kind of glitch or something like that, but recently it happend again and 2-3 times in short intervals. Looks like the latest update has some kind of bug.
If anyone has any info regarding this or facing the same problem please post & SONY please fix this.

I love this phone (even after big heating issue) & I love sony a lot. Don't wanna switch to samsung or apple. 

6 REPLIES 6
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Latest Update (26.1.B.3.109) has created some strange problems with the display

make a return to factory settings. If it does not help, repair your phone using  Xperia Companion

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Latest Update (26.1.B.3.109) has created some strange problems with the display

Same problem here.

When restarting after the update, the phone got blocked on the phone company logo. So I forced it to stop. And after restarting it, I got the same issue: visible wallpaper, notification bar, menu buttom... but nothing else. No app, either on the homescreen nor the menu. But I managed to receve a text and respond to it, by tapping on the notification bar.

After stopping the phone and let it cool down for a while, I restarted it and everything seems fine.

'Will see if it happend again. I hope not. I got this phone for less than a month and already got several issues... It's getting annoying.

Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Will resetting phone to factory settings remove installed apps? I have few paid apps, not sure if I'll be able to get them back after the reset. Though now I'm very sure that the problem is with the new update only. SONY should take some serious action to avoid upsetting its loyel customers.

Talent
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I have done same update 2 weeks ago, everything work fine with my phone
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@fuseViews      reseting your phone will delete all applications installed on it, but purchased applications you can reinstall them without having to pay again app (will use the google account)

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello everybody
Same issue for me at restart after system update. It worked again after few tricks but now frequently applications are difficult to launch without stopping after some seconds offre use. For example, waze frequently stops before the map apprears or games also stopping at presentation screen. Could Sony fix these bugs please ? I wouldn't like to reset my phone.
Am I alone tu encounter these issues ?